Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought a DR600 that has been standing under a cover for six years. I bought it because the XT500 that I bought a couple of weeks ago is a long term project and I have nothing to use on the road until that is restored.......

The DR600 turns over ok, has good compression and is generally looking fairly good. The carb is currently seized and I suspect is full of old petrol, so I will investigate in the next week or two.

I must admit that when I placed the wanted advert for an 'XT, XL or similar', a big Suzuki didn't spring to mind, but now I have it, I'm really looking forward to having a tinker with it.

Any comments, good or bad, about this bike?

I'm going to take it to the Uttoxeter Classic Bike Show at the weekend. Not that I see it as a classic necessarily, but it is 25 or so years old, so I'll put it on our VJMC South Staffs section stand in an 'As Found' condition to see what the opinions of the bike are.

·
Registered
2 Posts
DOCTOR can you help,?

the last big single i owned, about 20 years ago was a panther 120, think it's about time i went single again, undecided about wether to buy a dr600 or dr800, my riding will be mainly on the road, with an occasional potter on a green-lane,
the 600 sounds good, kick start, less complicated than an 800, lighter than the 800, just wondering wether the 600 would be up to motorway work,?,
been trying to work out the pros and cons of each, hp verses weight, mpg, etc,,
as you've mentioned you've had a few of each, your input would be appreciated, cheers

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
am sure DR Big will be along soon :)

I have the DR600 its lighter than the 750/ 800 and ok at motor way speeds .. but it is a single, and even with balance shaft.. you will know ..

DR did the Longest day 24 hr run on his 750.. they fair lick along.. but I would get an AT mate :hitler::D

mind you anything is smoother than a sloper panther :blob:

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
no vibes on the 120 i had, smooth as silk, 100mph, and about 60mpg, heres a pic, put a triumph g/box on it, better clutch than a burman, and a few other mod's,,

guess that springy seat helped.. mate had one years ago.. fired at every lamp post :D

my A10 was good for 105 and did about 65 to the gallon... 5 gallon tank..

boiling the chain in waxoil at the weekend.. bolting bits back on....

ahh.... memories.. :angel2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts