Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I recently purchased a 1986 suzuki ts250x, and i am desperate for some information/advice on where or if i can get spares/service parts for this bike especially the exaust or dose anyone know if there is a after market or performane system for the bike?also need a new foam air filter,out of interest is there any other bikes that share the same parts i.e 85-89 rm 250 or tsx 125? My tsx is on the road and in nice original condition and has only done 12,500 miles.if anyone else out there owns a ts250x drop me a message and we can have a chat?
Thankyou Doug

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Doug,
Love the TS, I have 2 - both '79/80 machines so a bit earlier than yours. Try CMSNL for spares, and Wemoto as suggested.
Also Crooks Suzuki and www.robinsonsfoundry.co.uk/ can be helpful.

Many of the TS parts are interchangeable, but a lot have subtle differences. Earlier TS 185's are identical to the 250's except for pisto/barrel carb etc., but the RM and PE look similar but are much different, its all trial and error..
You need the parts list or microfiche to be sure. - again check it out on CMSNL - most models show the microfich details.
Original exhausts are rare as, after market are available if you look around, but generally, as ever these days, Ebay will be you best friend, but be patient and dont pay over the odds - there'll always be another sooner or later...

Tim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello mate I have just brought a ts250x aswell and have the same problem as you. Have you still got the bike did you manage to get hold of a workshop manual as I'm struggling any info would be a great help. Thanks paul

·
Registered
12 Posts
Morning all!
I have just bought a tx250x, I have a full workshop manual that are on ebay, I have got bits from Germany & Israel, so any one know where to get full gaskets sets?

·
Registered
12 Posts
How long have you had the bike and what's wrong with it will it be on the road or field bike. Regards paul

Its going on the road I hope! bought as a basket case, was nearly all there, but sum of the missing bits now replaced via Germany or Israel, engine is fully split & was how I got it, but it all looks good, hence the workshop manual, just to find the time as I quite a few "projects". Bits missing now as just silly bits & small items that have been lost.

·
Registered
139 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Its going on the road I hope! bought as a basket case, was nearly all there, but sum of the missing bits now replaced via Germany or Israel, engine is fully split & was how I got it, but it all looks good, hence the workshop manual, just to find the time as I quite a few "projects". Bits missing now as just silly bits & small items that have been lost.
Sounds like my one was nothing like I bid on eBay lol but there you go full engine rebuild tyres
Indicators crank bearings full gasket set plus more still we live and learn

1 - 13 of 13 Posts