Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Kymmy accepts no responsibility for this blondes c
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know quite a few people in here have muts and were looking at taken our new mut abroad ( 'Timber the Rally Raid pouch'... yes watch out for the blog spot!... :roll: ) when i cover some of the euro rounds of both WRC and off-road.

Has anyone any experience with this government 'pet passport' system and the hassel (and expense :twisted: ) it looks?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Looked into this a while ago for our dog. It's not so much a cost issue as a time issue. Think you have to give at least six months before you get the passport. The dog will need rabies vaccination and blood tests. Will also need to be micro chipped, i'm sure there's a few other things to consider too.

I'll have a look for the info - i'm sure it's online somewhere.
Cheers

Here you go: http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarantine/pets/procedures/vets_proc.htm

Reckon the cost is around £250

·
Kymmy accepts no responsibility for this blondes c
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol Mabel hes just like most men... big, dumb and will do anything for food!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Bored the website backs up what most people are saying, as hes come form the Police so hes already microchiped and has a full up to date jab ticket (he had 'dishonorable discharge' from service for mauling his hander.. :shock: lol).

I checked with the ferry companies and they do all the paperwork and on ship kennels which cost about £30 return which is ok.. (norfolkline do the exit free and £20 return but only on Dover - Dunkerque) and then you need to see a vet in France before your allowed to board which is another £30-£40..

will have to speak with our vets i guess to find out the blood test and paperwork cost, plus that 6 month rule is a bit a surprize! :shock:

lol Oxbone Timber (aka furball) says woof.. well its more a gruuummmmarggh ( hes a moaner :oops: )...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts