Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To improve the search engine ranking of this site I need to get links to this site from as many other relevant web sites as possible.

So if you have a site that's about Honda Trail Bikes and can add a link to your front page I'd be grateful. I will also do the same for you.
Just reply to this thread or send me a private message via the forum software.

·
Need Constant Supervision
2,495 Posts
I have added this link onto one of my bike pages and included some references into the meta tags on my index page if that would help.
I recall when we started with the GS club/site we used to hand out little business cards on any beemer that moved or parked to promote the website and club. Needless to say it is a pretty big club/site with loads of tossers like myself :lol: I was approached by some dude at the ACE cafe who asked if I knew about the GS club and said no but had a look. This site was pure luck by working through google search engine trying different variations of words.

Depending what I ride the day if I stop next to someone with same type of bike always quick to tell them about the link and site. Some people tell you to bugger off other's are very happy to finally find like minded people in one interactive spot.

Add the link into your signature on other websites for the peeping tom's

check here

Cheers
:wink:

·
Golam Rosewater
1,444 Posts
I have a search engine submitting program (Hello Engines) with has a site checker, putting in xrv.org.uk brings back this crap. Maybe it will be usefull ?

Description :
Status
Partly OK

Comment
You have entered only 78 characters. This is not sufficient! We recommend to enter up to 255 characters.
Description contains no invalid capitalization.
Text contains no invalid repetitions of terms.

Current description
Honda XRV750 Africa Twin. This site fronts the UK Yahoo XRV_LIST email group

Number of words: 13 Number of characters: 78

Keywords:
Status
Not OK

Comment
You have entered 162 characters. We recommend to enter up to 255 characters.
The keywords contain no invalid capitalization.
Avoid repetitions of terms. 9 identical terms have been found.

Current keywords
Honda XRV750 Africa Twin, XRV 750, Africa Twin, V Twin, Honda Trail Bike Forums, Trail Bike, V Twin, Yahoo XRV_List, Varadero, Transalp, XL600V, XL1000V, XL600,

Number of words: 26 Number of characters: 162

Title:
Status
OK
Comment
Website has a correct title. However, you may add more text in the title.
The title contains no invalid capitalization.
The text does not contain invalid repetitions of terms.

Current title
Honda Africa Twin XRV750 Site

Number of words: 5 Number of characters: 29

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.
Just one thing if you're going to create a link could you make it to
Code:
http://www.xrv.org.uk
so that if the forum software ever changes away from phpBB2 you won't get a dead link. It also allows the user to see the front page, latest news etc..

From your report wheeliebin that looks reasonably encouraging.
I'll do some tweaking!

Thanks both.

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wheeliebin said:
I have a search engine submitting program (Hello Engines) with has a site checker, putting in xrv.org.uk brings back this crap.
I've downloaded a demo version of Hello Engines what option are you using to get that report?

·
Golam Rosewater
1,444 Posts
Don't know if it's on the demo version, but....

when entering the web address of the site you want to submit, there's a 'site checker' button for checking all those boring details before submitting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts