Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe a crazy idea but i just cant seem to justify the 650 anymore.
I love the bike to bits but spend anytime i do go out on my bikes on my KDX220R. I just dont need anything that can cover road miles and want summat a bit more enduro focused with less power.
Yep, seems an odd move but for me sometimes less is more if you get what i mean.
Decisions decisions:thumbup:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be interested in your XR650?
Not sure mate, its not an advert if you see what i mean. Just wondering if people thought i was mad or thought it was a good idea etc:D
Its a great rush on an XR650, not a thumper out there like it but i just dont do it justice anymore.
Gotta think about this some i reckon.:thumbup:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Oh surprise, surprise, cant wait til i met Mike again, oh the pisstaking that will ensue!!

On a seroius note why bother swapping it, just sell it alltogether and keep the money as you enjoy the green machine so much and its the perfect bike, and its always going to be the one you are going to ride.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh surprise, surprise, cant wait til i met Mike again, oh the pisstaking that will ensue!!

On a seroius note why bother swapping it, just sell it alltogether and keep the money as you enjoy the green machine so much and its the perfect bike, and its always going to be the one you are going to ride.
Its partly your fault Todd:-D You got me thinking about not needing both bikes anymore. You made any decisions?
We'll have to get out for a blast again soon, just gotta sort me stomach out:rolleyes::mrgreen:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Not sure mate, its not an advert if you see what i mean. Just wondering if people thought i was mad or thought it was a good idea etc:D
Its a great rush on an XR650, not a thumper out there like it but i just dont do it justice anymore.
Gotta think about this some i reckon.:thumbup:

Sorry mate, just commenting that I would not mind one again, miss mine since it was sold, have been using a CRf450 but I want something more usable and less labour intensive.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry mate, just commenting that I would not mind one again, miss mine since it was sold, have been using a CRf450 but I want something more usable and less labour intensive.
No worries, just saying so admin dont get the wrong idea on my post if you see what i mean?!?!?!:thumbup:
Ha! Wish i could afford a CRF450X, that would suit me ideal i reckon. I like having 2 bikes, always have a back up. My Kwacker is gonna get an overhaul this winter aswell, treat her to new forged piston, upgrade the suspension etc etc.
Mmmmm! Such a pickle:D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Its partly your fault Todd:-D You got me thinking about not needing both bikes anymore. You made any decisions?
We'll have to get out for a blast again soon, just gotta sort me stomach out:rolleyes::mrgreen:

Yep, soon as i get a roadlegal size plate sorted for the Xr600 and get it MOT'ed it will be on the Bay Of E, as i cant see the point off having 2 bikes that do the same thing, when i rode the Xr the other weekend i spent the whole day wishing i was on the gasser..

Be honest with yourself mate, whatever bike you get you wont ride it, you'll always want to ride the KDX

Your coming down to the plain on the 21st arn't you? Ive just fitted a 45T rear sproket for some more top end and some new tyres in anticipation as no way was i going to ride on those Maxxis' again!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, i'll be down on the 21st Todd. Trying to get Mike down aswell on his new toy.
Them Maxxis tyres aint to bad but i slaughtered them on the Cambrian, especially when we were playing dodge the static bike on the Strata:D
Im going back to AC10's for sure.:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Ha Rob I guess we do much the same things where some bikes are concerned. I have the XR 400 and it does to me much the same as your KDX in bike for me stakes:rolleyes: Then go and buy other bikes, me it was a DRZ but keep coming back to the XR although I have put the XR up for sale, I get the feeling it may be the wrong choice if it does go.
I think the XR 650 is a stunning bike but knowing 99% of people I know who have had them (with exception of Mudwiz) find them far too powerful for most off roading situations. Get yourself a nice 400 you've probably had a couple already:D

·
2,701 Posts
Yes, i have to agree, lighter bike is the way to go for trail riding
I just got a KTM 400exc.:cool: . . . . kicking the XR600 up when its been over, or stuck in deep rut's is a real pain :mad:, . . . its the magic button for me.:D
So the the XR will be on its way soon. (no space left in the garage:rolleyes:)

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Yes, i have to agree, lighter bike is the way to go for trail riding
I just got a KTM 400exc.:cool: . . . . kicking the XR600 up when its been over, or stuck in deep rut's is a real pain :mad:, . . . its the magic button for me.:D
So the the XR will be on its way soon. (no space left in the garage:rolleyes:)
:notworthy::glasses7: Whooo Len

1 - 12 of 12 Posts