Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have the common problem of Tripmaster resetting itself every time ignition is switched off. Instead of fixing it I am going to remove it and locate a Quest GPS there. Can I or someone who knows what they are doing utilise the wiring that was powering the tripmaster to power the gps?

Also there is a guy on ebay advertising a "fix" to my original tripmaster problem.He says he can send a wiring diagram to show which bit to resolder to fix it. Anybody seen his ad or used his service?

Thanks.

·
xrv750x Pilot
585 Posts
Hi Yamr6 i have a Garmin Quest fitted to my @ . You will need to buy a Ram mount and the power unit . I bought mine from G.P.S.Warehouse . I took the power from the light in the trip meter and it works great " I run my lights " when i am on the @ so when the ignition is on the Quest turns on . fw750x

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have replaced the trip with Garmin 2610 - If you can get a cradle mount for the Quest then I guess you could easily do something like this. The Garmin mount is fixed to the tripmeter mounting points and +12v and earth taken from the tripmeter connector.

The advantage of using the tripmeter position is that it gets the GPS up high and close to screen which means you do not have to look down at the handlebar area to see your route - also gives a good level of weather protection.

·
Yokel In Utah
1,088 Posts
Another option which I'm looking into (for if I ever get around to buying a GPS :D) is a Migsel mount

- although designed for BMWs, it could work on an AT. Michel has given me the following dimensions to compare to an AT:

The outer diameter of the speedo housing on the GS is 96mm.
The outer diameter of the top ring of the speedo is 103mm

I can do the top ring easily enough, but does anyone know the OD of the speedo housing itself (i.e., they have a speedo not in the dash and can measure it :confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts