Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So I have to tackle my seized swing arm pivot bolt, on my bike it passes through the engine cases. My question is where does the bolt seize? Is it in the engine or in the actual bearing bush/tube. If I鈥檝e got an understanding of what I鈥檓 trying to free off it might? help 馃槀
Thanks

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thinking about drilling and tapping up the middle of the bolt and putting some pressure on it with a puller. 馃憤馃徎Thanks

Registered
Thinking about drilling and tapping up the middle of the bolt and putting some pressure on it with a puller. 馃憤馃徎Thanks
There's a hole already through the bolt i made a drift where the end of it located in the hole so i could beat shit out of it without it slipping out of line, luckily it came free for me, but i have done one that didn't and ended up cutting it off. The collars going through the bearings had seized to the spindle. There was no way it would have ever come out without cutting it. If you can turn the spindle there's a good chance this is where your problem is, if it won't turn its probably where it passes through the engine or worse both
Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts