Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Snotty lane fan!
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending some time (don't ask!) getting the swingingarm bolt out I now need to buy the bearings. Popped down to my local Honda dealers and the quote was over £100! Ouch!

I have seen them for about half that and wonder if anyone could give there experience here. I need the whole lot, bushes, bearings, seals and stuff.

Any Suggestions?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Company called 'OffRoadOnly' stock kits made by 'AllBalls'. They do kits for Steering Head, Swingarm, & Suspension etc, for loads of bikes.
I have used them they are very good and a reasonable price.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
After spending some time (don't ask!) getting the swingingarm bolt out I now need to buy the bearings. Popped down to my local Honda dealers and the quote was over £100! Ouch!

I have seen them for about half that and wonder if anyone could give there experience here. I need the whole lot, bushes, bearings, seals and stuff.

Any Suggestions?
I bought the Alls Balls Suspension and swing arm kits for mine from offroad only...

I put thread up on here showing how to fit them and fitting grease nipples to lubricate the bearings search my posts in xr's forum

CAn't remember the costs of the bearing kits but one of them was around £35 and that included the shafts seals and caps ithink it was around £60ish for both kits

Everyting to to all the replacement parts were in the kits, i even had a few spare bits

WWW.ORO2U.COM

·
Snotty lane fan!
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Chaps. Yes got the All Balls from E-Bay and fitted it yesterday. Came with 4 other bearings which I guess are for the shock. I'm having a bit of welding done to the bottom of the frame and soon as it's done will be putting it all back together. Looks like the bike had not been looked after very well.

·
Red Blooded Biker
922 Posts
I bought the Alls Balls Suspension and swing arm kits for mine from offroad only...

I put thread up on here showing how to fit them and fitting grease nipples to lubricate the bearings search my posts in xr's forum

CAn't remember the costs of the bearing kits but one of them was around £35 and that included the shafts seals and caps ithink it was around £60ish for both kits

Everyting to to all the replacement parts were in the kits, i even had a few spare bits

WWW.ORO2U.COM
I can understand putting a Zerk grease nipple in place on the swing arm & linkage, but not where there is anywhere for the grease to go.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
I can understand putting a Zerk grease nipple in place on the swing arm & linkage, but not where there is anywhere for the grease to go.
I t does get greased, the gease spreads sideways around the bearing then when it gets to the seals travels back along the shafts it stays permanetly greased as long as you grease it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts