Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am looking at a 1999 RD07A that was originally first registered in Switzerland
Its a perfect clean bike however can anyone tell me if its restricted and if so how much power is it down?
Is there an easy way for me to check before I decide to buy it
Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you I knew about cams cdi etc but was curious about bhp but assume they are the same as the Austrian bikes so probably down about 10 bhp

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had already read the article hence I could ask the owner for the cdi part number but there appears no mention of the overall power restrictions

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here is my two bob. I live in Switzerland, and own a RD04 having purchased a number of months ago. I was informed by the seller that my machine had been unrestricted. I have no idea if this is true or not. When riding my 30 year old machine I sit on 100KPH at around just over 4000 Revs. I have no idea if this reflects a restricted or unrestricted engine or not. I would be interested to find out. Bottom line is...I live here and choose to accept my lovely XRV. I feel more connected to the road than my previous BMW 850 GS and BMW K1600. All good :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right everyone and please correct me if I am wrong
After much research I have found that a Swiss AT output is 26.5kw or 35,5hp
That is a one very restricted motorcycle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts