Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well not too bad,certainly not the skinned knuckle swearfest i was expecting.

this is the way i did it:-do the two "tricky" plugs first,you will then find as i did that some people dont!
i did the front left plug first thinking it would be most difficult. lucky for me my bike has lost the mesh in the fairing panel so i did not need to take that off. also there is just enough room to not need to undo bolts on radiator. it is a fiddle but it can be done.
then came the right rear,this one will have to have sidepanel off but thats only one bolt. again its a fiddle getting the plug socket onto the plug but it can be done.
then the two "easy" plugs that can be seen,job done. took no more than 45mins and bike feels a lot better for it,YIPPEE!!!!

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
its a fiddle getting the plug socket onto the plug but it can be done.
then the two "easy" plugs that can be seen,job done. took no more than 45mins and bike feels a lot better for it,YIPPEE
But isn't it daft for the job to be such a pain! :(

·
Registered
27 Posts
I change the plugs at the same time i do the valves clearances and the carburettors synchronization( i bought a carbtune pro) so i only have to strip the bike once.;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
MCSanAdreas - the absence of mesh on the left fairing puzzled me too, til I found out (in this very forum) that Mr Honda only includes it on the right fairing to stop you shredding your fingers on the radiator fan.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MCSanAdreas - the absence of mesh on the left fairing puzzled me too, til I found out (in this very forum) that Mr Honda only includes it on the right fairing to stop you shredding your fingers on the radiator fan.
well there you go! i have learnt something today. makes sense to keep fan out of harms way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts