Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone !,

Been on this great site for a while now gleaning info and the like but now my car is no more and I have an urgent need for transport I would like your opinion please :).
Due to my location and financial situation I have to buy a bike from my local (90 miles away) dealer, he has given me the heads up on a Honda Vigor he has taken as a trade in, it has 21k on the clock and is on a T plate but going by the pictures it is in very good/excellent condition and is also fitted with a Honda detachable top box, mine for £1450 with the usual dealer mark up :rolleyes:, any thoughts?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Quite a high price me thinks for one so old. Should you buy one, YES if it's ok. I'm on my second one and love them. There are later ones on evilbay for similar prices and less miles. They have a character all of their own and once you get used to that there's no looking back. Good m.p.g, no real vices, does what it says on the tin but not true Honda finish. It's very good with a touch of Spanish! Box and rack are very handy and the tank takes a magnetic bag ok. Mirrors are a bit dodgy but you can sort that with a blindspot mirror or some extensions. You can fit an alternative screen, I've tried, but it spoils the looks of the bike. Mine's a yellow one with gold bars, best colour in my opinion. Last one was a red one which was nice too. Try to have a test ride if they will let you and don't be put off by a first impression these bikes definitely grow on you. You could also try Bike Trader where I found mine, it was on an 03 plate and less than 400 miles (Christmas prezzie!). Good hunting.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Argylle... wit height are ye as their small bikes... an at 1450...Na mate leave it.. ye`l get a nice Dommie on ebay fur 1200 ish even less... theres a few nice one on it the now... the dommie is much better... but theres a few on hear who have them an swear by them,,, but a widnt be payin 1450 fur a t treg... in fact i know of a peach of a Xr650L goin in amazin cond m 1550.... now theres a beasty

heres a cheap guid looking bike http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1992-HONDA-NX650-N-BLACK-/330437227744?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item4cef97f4e0

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a 2000 model on a w plate which has only done 9250 miles from new, it cost me £2750 from a dealer 10 years ago. It has a few dings and knocks on it but on the whole it still looks pretty good for it's age. I doubt that I would get £600 for it if I were to sell it, which I won't because it is still a great bike for commuting to work on.

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
£1450 is a lot of money for that age Vigor I have one of the last on an 03 plate and only gave £1250 with FSH 13000 on the clock 18 months ago
if you are used to a performance bike the performance will be dissapointing, but look after it change the oil regularly an d you have a freind for life.
My TDR 250 is a lot quicker off the mark and more chuckable, but the vigor is easier to ride, i would not use either for long distances though,
oh and as for AFK saying they are small they are not really that small about the same as a dommie but look small because of the lack of plastics
merv

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replys, much appreciated, I agree with you all and have decided its just to much so its back to the drawing board and and the hunt is back on :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts