Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my t-shirt/decals.

The decals are fine........ but

Looking at last years t-shirt the quality isnt even closed. Last years was night and day better then this years.

Where the transfers are put on i can see a box around it on the front and back is this normal? compaired to last years one

·
almost human !!!
757 Posts
This is being looked into, a response will follow shortly.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Last years' look like they have been screen printed properly and will look better only having the two colours to print, whereas this years' appear to be computer generated thermal grafts

I also note the size that arrived, whilst correct according to the size XL to meet the dimensions given in the original post that I ordered. The actual Tshirt is much wider more like the XXL measurement

I'm not jumping on any band wagon here Ash, just feeding back following BMSs observations

More importantly for me is the thanks to you for putting this together and any other bits your involved in :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
doh, not ordered anything ore paid up my reg fee.. dohh
no
may just go for one tee shirt as I have loads from ther last two :D

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
I've just come back from the supplier.
I'm not sure what how or why but there was a cock up in different systems and the image supplied was distorted.
I have now given him a new copy and opened it up on his operating system to check the resolution is as it should be.
All t-shirts will now be produced in the true resolution.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Thanks Nick

Just hope the supplier will cop for the costs. I'd have thought some one would have quality checked the merchandise before sending them on to you

What do you want us to do with the one's already sent out?

Regards

Paul

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've just come back from the supplier.
I'm not sure what how or why but there was a cock up in different systems and the image supplied was distorted.
I have now given him a new copy and opened it up on his operating system to check the resolution is as it should be.
All t-shirts will now be produced in the true resolution.
do we get a replacement one?

·
almost human !!!
757 Posts
This is being looked into, a response will follow shortly.
Hello All,

Sorry for the delay, in answering.

Firstly as the TLDXRV QM I accept full responsibility for the inconvenience caused and apologise accordingly.

A bit of background on the situation, the supplier is someone who I have used on many occasions for work related stuff. He is also the person where I sourced the bits & pieces I sold last year via the Charity auction. I.e. Fleeces, T-shirts, mugs, mousepads etc. All of which was good quality kit. I had no doubt that this year’s stuff would be equally good.

Snaphappy produced the artwork, this as we all know is simply excellent. In essence the problem was as follows… When the artwork was opened for printing, a sizeable amount of the picture quality was lost, due to the artwork being produced in one program then opened & printed in another. I can’t explain in further detail as I’m a computer mong.

The printer then ran a first set of stuff, I and Snap were under the impression that the artwork was being produced as supplied and the printer thought he was printing the artwork exactly as requested and provided. A genuine mistake with neither party at fault. The blame lies firmly with me, I was too busy (my Xmas season had started and some private issues going on in my life) to take him up on his offer to check everything, before taking things further. I knew the high standard of his & Snap’s work and felt assured that everything would be OK.

So here we go the solutions to the problems…

1. The artwork on the T-shirt is bad.
As already mentioned elsewhere Snap and the printer sat down together yesterday for a number of hours and rectified this problem.

2. The names are illegible.
All names will now be 3cm in height, as per initial design.

3. The position of the front logo is too far to the left.
This can be caused if the T-shirt is too tight. However the logo will be moved more to the centre of the chest, it will still be mainly over the left breast.

All future T-shirts will be printed with these corrections in place.

Obviously this raises an issue for T-shirts already bought. The printer is under the impression that he did exactly what was asked, and I agree with him. That being said, as a act of good will the printer has agreed to a replacement T-shirt at cost price. 50% of which will be paid by him and I will stand the other 50% as at the end of the day “The buck stops here”. So everyone who has already received a T-shirt will receive an additional one at no extra cost.

I hope this is to everyone’s agreement.

Ash

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Ash, I for one feel that whilst the buck may technicaly stop with you, thats only because you've put in time and effort to sort things out and I'm not prepared to have you out of pocket for doing your best, please PM me and I'll send you the amount that you'll be down by on my order.
:happy11:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I will also be happy to pay the amount for a second shirt.

·
almost human !!!
757 Posts
Ash, I for one feel that whilst the buck may technicaly stop with you, thats only because you've put in time and effort to sort things out and I'm not prepared to have you out of pocket for doing your best, please PM me and I'll send you the amount that you'll be down by on my order.
:happy11:

Hi Stuart,
Hi those who have PM’d me,

Thanks for being so understanding. No one will be reimbursing me, it was my f**k up and no one else’s. The printer will present me with a bill made out to my company, it will be paid and put down as a business expense. That will hopefully be the end of the matter, at least until I claim it back when I do my end of year taxes !!!!

However those who have offered to buy me a Guinness, it will be a pleasure to drink one with you.

[FONT=&quot]Ash:p

[/FONT]

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
However those who have offered to buy me a Guinness, it will be a pleasure to drink one with you.

[/FONT]

Nae probs for the guinness ;)

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hi Stuart,

[/FONT]
see you there then :blob6:

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
having a heed like a shed ( and some other stuff going on :D ) I have not placed my order yet.. now those clever cloggs who have been organised are looking silly ..:D however looking silly is one thing , and we have all had numpty moments.. but no one should be out of pocket.. so when I put my order in please add what is need to ensure things are even :thumbup: this way I can take this p1ss out of you in the pub at Dingle:angel10: with a clear concience :hitler:

Raymo

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
Oh for pity's sake! Why must everyone on this bleedin site be so nice?! :mad: If everyone starts making odd payments the admin slave (who he?!) will be driven into an early grave! :rolleyes:

Ash and Nick have saved the day. The committee is taking a fairly relaxed attitude about absorbing some costs and Ash has told you what is going to happen about the Tshirts, but what we all really, REALLY want to get from the riders is a fantastic amount raised for Help for Heroes. The Sun reckons it raises £45k per day. Now if we could match that... well, big smiles all round! Forget a few bob here and there: we want big bucks for our brave girls and boys.

Thanks as ever, :thumbup:

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Oh for pity's sake! Why must everyone on this bleedin site be so nice?! :mad: If everyone starts making odd payments the admin slave (who he?!) will be driven into an early grave! :rolleyes:

Ash and Nick have saved the day. The committee is taking a fairly relaxed attitude about absorbing some costs and Ash has told you what is going to happen about the Tshirts, but what we all really, REALLY want to get from the riders is a fantastic amount raised for Help for Heroes. The Sun reckons it raises £45k per day. Now if we could match that... well, big smiles all round! Forget a few bob here and there: we want big bucks for our brave girls and boys.

Thanks as ever, :thumbup:
It's because most folks on here are nice peeps, and want to see the charity run a success, and to raise as much as we can. It could be worse, you could be in Downing Street, being bullied by Gordon, or so they say on Question Time, don't believe a word of it :rolleyes:

·
ADV.John
63 Posts
Looks like your going to have a sore head sunday. thats two Guinness off me ( 1 for each tea shirt ):eek:ccasion5::eek:ccasion5::pukeright::pukeright:
right name would be good too. the wife's tea shirt has the same name as mine when it should say Mrs Pugs/Di

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
Looks like your going to have a sore head sunday. thats two Guinness off me ( 1 for each tea shirt ):eek:ccasion5::eek:ccasion5::pukeright::pukeright:
right name would be good too. the wife's tea shirt has the same name as mine when it should say Mrs Pugs/Di
I've checked the order. "Mrs Pugs" was ordered. Words will be had.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts