Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
I really like the look of that despite the price. If you don't stop this, your obsession could become contagious.....

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, seems like a good price if you could get it for £1,700, but again, it depends on what the engine runs like...

·
Registered
789 Posts
continuing my 600 TA ebay obsession...

Honda XL600 Transalp 50th Anniversary Edition XL 600 | eBay

seems ok? low-ish miles. engine bars look pretty meaty.

but it's missing that exhaust heat guard/shield which should be by your right foot! (this is often missing from used Transalps for some reason)

this bit:

View attachment 70137

Looks clean, linkage painted, and rust showing on frame by toolkit but TBH, I like it :D Not £2k but there was another up for £3k a few weeks ago.
Honda Transalp 600V 50thAnniversary Edition For Sale (2000) on Car And Classic UK [C578539]

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
the heat shields are pretty important all right having the lower one missing could be the cause of a hole melted into the leg of your waterproofs at the least going all the ways up to unbearable pain screaming and tears from poor little baba's . I blew a hole in my stock silencer between the trim pipes while maintaining high speed on the motorway .

when I removed it to weld a patch in it I went about undoing the headers and I removed the upper heat shield the bolts broke . I then rode around with out it fitted for a couple of weeks until I got a chance to repair it . during this time I took my son who was 9 at the time for a spin .

He's got the best of gear all as new apart from his hjc lid that was brand new all picked off of e bay for handy money we got very lucky . He looks like a mini adventure rider and I do be busting with pride riding around with him on the back anyway fine job he had his Hein Gericke trousers on with a decent bit of padding on the knee's because while my back was turned for a few minutes collecting chestnuts ( his mothers idea ) .

he very quickly got bored with foraging for nuts like a squirrel so he decided to stand beside the bike and have a play with the switches as you when your 9 burning a pretty big hole in the knee of the trousers . all I could do was thank my lucky stars he had that trousers on and never got burnt and weld a couple of nuts on the header pipe to remount the heat shield . its raised up a few mill now but hardly noticeable and hopefully it will prevent any more baba's from getting burnt .

nice looking Transalp allright I love the crash bars and I like the idea of 3 break discs but the head light isn't as nice looking on the later 600's i'm afraid . the perfect tranasalp for me is an 89/90 model with an Africa twin swinging arm and accompanying parts and a Wilbur's shock a bros/hawk 650 front break conversion and an aftermarket end can .

I fitted a gsxr 750 stock can and im well happy with it . was cheap as chips it looks nice and gives the bike a nice rumble but its not anti social and a corbin seat well I think id like one I never sat on one but they have got to be better ? why id choose the 89/90 they make 54 BHP compared to the later 600's only making 50 BHP . and of course panniers and engine bars and a centre stand .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts