Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
As it would appear that no-one on the forum has a s/hand set of pannier frames for my TA 600 V-J does anyone know if they are still available from Givi and are the fitments the same from the first model until they changed to 650. I have had a look on the Givi web site but it does not list for a V-J.

Many thanks.

·
xrv750x Pilot
585 Posts
Hi Bozzer i had Givi Pannier racks fitted to my V.J. Transalp.These were the wingrack design not the "round type "now sold.Check the posting by Warthog ................. TA600 anyone ever fitted,Page 2 in the Transalp Forum i had put a few pics on it .I don,t know if M+P Still sell the Givi Gear ,I have a 2008 M+P catalogue and they are listed.M+P.com.Francis:thumbup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently fitted a Givi PL131 tubular rack to my 1992 TA 600 (VN model) and it fits OK. You'll need to remove the centrestand lifting handle from the left side of the bike, since the Givi rack fits in its place, but you can use the Givi rack to help you pull the bike onto the stand.

The bike is very wide with the PL131 rack and a pair of E36 boxes!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info Mustardrat. The more questions I ask the more confused I get!
My fault but I forgot to mention that I have a Honda badged rack allready on the bike which I would like to keep and just fit the paanier attachments if possible!
My v-j does not have a centre stand. Were they not fitted or was it an option.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Givi PL131 pannier rails don't interfere with the top plate. See this thread for photos. I can't say for certain that the PL131 rails will fit the VJ but I imagine there's a good chance they will. Hopefully the photos in the above thread will help you to decide. Givi told me that they don't have any rails for the 1992 TA, but the PL131 rails fit this model OK, so I think it's just that their fitment chart doesn't go back to 1992 perhaps? :confused:

Sorry, I don't know if the VJ originally came with a centrestand. (Do you have mounting holes for a centrestand?) Perhaps another VJ owner could help out here. Anyhow, if you have a centrestand fitted, you can use the Givi pannier rails to help you get the bike onto the stand. If you don't have a centrestand, then ignore my comment, as it won't apply.

Hope this helps and that I haven't just confused you more!

Robert

·
xrv750x Pilot
585 Posts
Hi Bozzer the Transalp,s did not have a centre stand fitted as standard, Of course you could buy one either honda or an aftermarket make.The fitment of the centre stand will be either a flat bracket with two holes in it between the rear of the engine and the rear swinging arm,You will see this looking down from either side of the bike,Or if you look underneath the engine just between the bash plate and the rear swinging arm pivot point, You will see two loops one on each frame rail .So it will be one or the other not both.Hope this helps Francis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts