Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
???
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just been to the dealers to have a little job done on the bike. When I arrived they said they had ordered a new rear master cylinder as Honda had reminded them that it should have either been checked or replaced on the last service. There wasn't a fault with mine and I don't know what the problem is either but they replaced it anyway.

I don't know whether this has been posted here before so I thought prudent to just let folks know.

BTW mine is a 700VA registered in jan 08. That may or may not make a difference.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Yeah I had a call from the dealer who sold me my XL700 a month or so back to say my bike wasn't showing up on the recall system as having had the rear master cylinder replaced.
Planning to let them sort it on the 20,000 mile service.

Kinda pissed that the Honda dealer in Reading who normally service it didn't sort it before...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hmm, I am still waiting for my XL700V ordered in August. It was supposed to be 2 weeks wait, but then dealer said 3 weeks on top of that, due to technical issues and shipping delay because Honda is checking bikes. Apparently - maybe they are in course of replacing that parts you talk about.

Anyone else had a delay in delivery of this bike?

·
???
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To be honest, the check and replacement took about an hour in total. I can't see it stacking up 3 weeks of waiting time.

:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
OK, I had my doubts. But what could be a reason why a dealer would delay delivery? BTW - my friend waited for Yamaha scooter 3 months instead of a 2-3 weeks :( WTH?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Update - I have got my TA yesterday. Cool ride! First pics in introduction thread.

The delay story was about a customer from Luxembourg holding Honda over a front brake failure. The details are uncertain... No official info from Honda (checked BE an UK - all they say is that delays like this are possible, talk to your dealer).

Cheers,
VdV

1 - 6 of 6 Posts