Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you good people had a Givi screen ( I think it maybe d313s) on their 700 TA? If so was it any improvement on the original? fat-mal:confused:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Loads of treads on this already.

To sum it up: Yes.

Takes all the wind off your chest so only arms and upper head get it. If I sit bolt upright then I get wind from about the mouth to top of head, squat down or slouch in the seat and ur pretty much out of the wind.

Biggest difference is in the wind, rain and cold. Today it's 32, I miss the small screen! Lol

·
Registered
116 Posts
If it's any help, I have fitted the Honda tall screen, which may be similar to the Givi, on my 700 and it makes a very substantial improvement in reducing wind blast and keeping off rain too, especially perhaps as I ride with an open face helmet. I bought the bike new last year and rode around with the original screen for a while before fitting the taller version, so I can compare them. It makes such a great difference that I would never go back to the original screen.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Givi screen is better than OE and half the price of the Honda tall screen - has a nice tint to it too. Fits easily, using existing screws.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to you good people, that's what I wanted to know. fat-mal:thumbleft:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
One big difference between the Honda tall screen and Givi, is that the Honda has 2 additional brackets either side that increases the height of the supports and also allows the screen to sit an inch or more off the front cowl allowing air underneath which is greatly responsible for the improved airflow over the others brands. Also makes the price difference too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts