Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I need Help Really Bad, I’ve got a couple of TA 600 1987 and a TA xl650v 2001/3 UK import by the way I’m in Australia.
The long story is I’m rebuilding one of the 600 into A special, I brought the 650 for the front end which I’ve Transplanted on the 600 so it’s a Twin Disc, on Monday I put new tires on the (Special) and my Tire MAN stuffed Up by forgetting to re-install the SPACER on the the Sprocket SIDE, between the 2 BEARINGS which after me collecting The bike and taking it for a Very spirited TEST RUN I NEARLY Melted THE WHEEL HUB AND THE DRUM SHOES HUB TOGETHER...( lucky I didn’t Crash )
Now the question is this I’M 100% sure I’ve Read somewhere that I can install the XL650v rear Swing arm Disc and wheel on the Xl600V, Can anyone please Confirm this at all?
Thank you so much in advance for your Help!
Daytona

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
Hi Guys,
I need Help Really Bad, I’ve got a couple of TA 600 1987 and a TA xl650v 2001/3 UK import by the way I’m in Australia.
The long story is I’m rebuilding one of the 600 into A special, I brought the 650 for the front end which I’ve Transplanted on the 600 so it’s a Twin Disc, on Monday I put new tires on the (Special) and my Tire MAN stuffed Up by forgetting to re-install the SPACER on the the Sprocket SIDE, between the 2 BEARINGS which after me collecting The bike and taking it for a Very spirited TEST RUN I NEARLY Melted THE WHEEL HUB AND THE DRUM SHOES HUB TOGETHER...( lucky I didn’t Crash )
Now the question is this I’M 100% sure I’ve Read somewhere that I can install the XL650v rear Swing arm Disc and wheel on the Xl600V, Can anyone please Confirm this at all?
Thank you so much in advance for your Help!
Daytona View attachment 164871
Why not repair & keep the 600 original & run/sell the 650? Is the 650 a parts only bike?
Can you not claim against your tyre man for damages?

It would not be easy putting the 650 swingarm on a 600 unless you fancy chopping & welding the 600 frame, then the airbox trunking would be in the way, probably airbox too... The 650 shock and linkage is mounted much higher on the 650 than 600s & quite different in design.

The 750 AT rear is a pretty straight forward swap onto a 600 Alp (by all accounts)

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts