Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a TA600 on ebay, here in UK, the seller said it has IoM logbook, so no MOT on the bike.
If I want to buy it and keep it what should I do and how much is the costs? Can I keep the IoM reg?
Any advice appreciated here.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the warning. It was familiar, first time I've seen it was about a year ago and they already dropped the price. I need a TA600 for a new project and this one would be OK, but Im know nothing about this logbook-registration thing.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Re. the documents get on the DVLA site and email them, I bought a bike without documents recently (in England) and they sorted me out in quick sticks with a log book. Don,t phone them it costs £1-30 odd a minute!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi, I bought an IOM registered XR250. All I had to do was take the IOM reg document to DVLA in Shrewsbury. They issued a new reg doc and age related plate as you cannot apparently keep the IOM plate. It was daunting but painless except for the £50 to £70 it cost to complete if I remember correctly. The process was apparently easier as the bike type was officially imported to the UK, had it not have been iirc I would have needed to get type approval documents!
hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts