Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Has anyone got any links to places that sell tail or front mudgaurd type packs? I desperately need to lighten the load on my rucksack! Thanks.
go to xrstuff.co.uk they sell all the kreiga gear

·
Huh?
2,328 Posts
www.windingroads.co.uk I think.

They sell Wolfman luggage, it's excellent quality and well designed. I'm using one of Eric's tankbags on the KTM and a toolpack (rear) and a tube bag (front mudguard) on my dirt bike and they're holding up well to the usual abuse!

Cheers
-Simon

·
Registered
103 Posts
www.windingroads.co.uk I think.

They sell Wolfman luggage, it's excellent quality and well designed. I'm using one of Eric's tankbags on the KTM and a toolpack (rear) and a tube bag (front mudguard) on my dirt bike and they're holding up well to the usual abuse!

Cheers
-Simon
Simon,
the tube bag (front mudguard). Can you fit tyre levers in it?
I've got mine cable tied across the handlebar pad at the moment.(probably the worst place to put them!)
If you recommend this kit i'll probably get the toolpack and tube bag. Fed up carrying a bumbag full of tools,punc kits, etc.

If you ever fancy a bit of greenlaning down this neck of the woods let us know and ill see what i can sort out.:thumbup:

Sonny.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent. Thanks a lot Jason and Simon. Despite always being on the xrstuff website i managed to miss the Kreiga gear! However the Wolfman bags look the business and at a decent price too. I'll be going for the tool and tube bags options for optimum weight distribution.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Don't want to throw a spanner in the works but do these fender bags cause any problems with the engine cooling as they obstruct the air flow to the oil cooler i havent fitted one of these for that reason or does it not make any difference.

·
Huh?
2,328 Posts
Simon,
the tube bag (front mudguard). Can you fit tyre levers in it?
I've got mine cable tied across the handlebar pad at the moment.(probably the worst place to put them!)
If you recommend this kit i'll probably get the toolpack and tube bag. Fed up carrying a bumbag full of tools,punc kits, etc.

If you ever fancy a bit of greenlaning down this neck of the woods let us know and ill see what i can sort out.:thumbup:

Sonny.
I've got a pair of shortish (9 inch or so) levers in with a tube in the fender bag.

Thanks for the offer, same goes for you over yer in the East!!

Where's ee too in Debbun?

-Simon

·
Huh?
2,328 Posts
Don't want to throw a spanner in the works but do these fender bags cause any problems with the engine cooling as they obstruct the air flow to the oil cooler i havent fitted one of these for that reason or does it not make any difference.
My bikes are both water chilled. Mind you, although the reg/rect lies behind the fender bag I've not had any problems despite it being a Summer of sweltering temperatures and very little rain!!

-Simon

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've got a pair of shortish (9 inch or so) levers in with a tube in the fender bag.

Thanks for the offer, same goes for you over yer in the East!!

Where's ee too in Debbun?

-Simon
Going to put an order in tonight. Cheers for the heads up.:thumbright:

I be down in Plympton, just outside Plymouth. Do alot of greenlaning around the South Hams. Check out the ride reports on the TRF Devon website.:D

My folks live up in Exmouth. How much further east are you?

Sonny

·
Huh?
2,328 Posts
Not far at all, I was only there yesterday charging the battery on the KTM (yeah, right!!)

Have done some green lanes from Exeter to Totnes, but on a dirt bike. Are the Hams suitable for a bigger bike 'cos around here they are fairly narrow/steep/technical? If yes I'd love join you for a day out soon.

Or as soon as I get the TKC's mounted!

-Simon

·
Registered
103 Posts
Not far at all, I was only there yesterday charging the battery on the KTM (yeah, right!!)

Have done some green lanes from Exeter to Totnes, but on a dirt bike. Are the Hams suitable for a bigger bike 'cos around here they are fairly narrow/steep/technical? If yes I'd love join you for a day out soon.

Or as soon as I get the TKC's mounted!

-Simon
Some of the lanes are not really suitable for bigger bikes. I ride my DRZ with an enduro tyre on the front and a trials tyre on the rear(Both run at 10/12psi.) because a lot of the lanes are steep and slate/rock. Loads of pics on the TRF Devon ride reports to give you an idea.

Have you got a dirt bike??

But that said........
Given enough notice i'm sure i could get our illustrious ride leader to plan a route that is big bike biased. Leave out the really horrible stuff. :thumb:.

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
I can easily put my dirt bike in the van.....

Let me know what you're up to and we'll try to work something out.

-Simon
If you do let me know and I'll come down on the XR for the weekend.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts