Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 8 year old daughter wanted to do a write up on a recent trail ride we did......so here it is.

On the weekend me and my daddy went on the motorbike. We went off roading and at the beginning we went through a big muddy patch. And on the path there was a massive puddle that we went through. We got soaked. When we got home we took my boots off and there was a really big puddle in the middle of the floor. Then my daddy took Katie on the motorbike, but not for long. Me and my daddy had a great time.

By :Amy Age:8

:grin:

·
Shorter member :-)
1,944 Posts
Just as good as your dads reports Amy well done :thumb::D

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Reminds me of the first time I took my daughter on the bike.

We went road carefully about and I kept checking she was OK. She was fine.

We filtered between cars. She was fine.

We went a bit faster, fine, on a motorway, fine, down some winding country lanes, all OK.

I asked if she wanted to go through a river and went through the ford at Aynesford - well it was much deeper than when I had last gone through it and slippery and green and the bike did a little sideways slid and I held on for dear life imagining having to pick the bike up having laid it down in a river and then ride home soaking wet, but I made it through. I thought, phew, I managed that well. I didn't even scare her.

At home and my wife was asking her all about the trip and eventually gets to the "which bit do you like best" question and Molly said: "The bit where daddy nearly fell off in a river." Kids eh?;)

Glad your daughter likes it. You need to try to find somewhere they can ride. Molly has been a few times and loves it.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
My 8 year old daughter wanted to do a write up on a recent trail ride we did......so here it is.

On the weekend me and my daddy went on the motorbike. We went off roading and at the beginning we went through a big muddy patch. And on the path there was a massive puddle that we went through. We got soaked. When we got home we took my boots off and there was a really big puddle in the middle of the floor. Then my daddy took Katie on the motorbike, but not for long. Me and my daddy had a great time.

By :Amy Age:8

:grin:
What a fantastic report,, Amy, well done. And good to hear that you had a nice day out on the motorbike with your daddy. Next time, make sure that you're in the driving seat and he is riding on the back! And keep us posted with your reports - we expect many more still to come! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Good report Amy. Make sure dad takes you again and stops for ice cream next time!:icescream::

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive un-leashed a monster in Amy. She's constantly asking if there are any more replies to her post, and when we can go out riding again, and when she can write a new report, and when can she have her own XRV account.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Ive un-leashed a monster in Amy. She's constantly asking if there are any more replies to her post, and when we can go out riding again, and when she can write a new report, and when can she have her own XRV account.
Nice. Another new recruit. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: I seem to remember at one time there was a 'junior area' on the forum. Has that disappeared or was it just a figment of my imagination? :confused:

·
Administrator
1,783 Posts
Nice report, Amy. I still haven't been off-road on my motorbike, but I always enjoyed river crossings in my Land Rover!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi Amy

I really liked your report, and I'm going to show it to Shannon, my daughter, who won't go on the back of my bike because she's a bit scared...and she still hasn't forgiven me for selling our sidecar!

Joe

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Dear Amy,
I really liked your brill report, very impressed I hope your Dad didn't get very muddy as He usually does.
Did you take any pictures of your Dad ?
Thank you for sharing your report with all of us grown ups !
Nice one Amy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts