Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a set of Talon/excell wheels from a crf 250,can they be modified to suit my 03 xr 250 or 93 650L.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
I know the hubs have very different bearing sizes. I've been looking for a set of supermoto wheels to go on my CRM (XR250/400 will also fit) and the CRF ones are advised against. Theoretically anything can be made to fit anything else - it's just a case of the amount of time and money it takes.

·
Registered
494 Posts
ive got talon excel supermoto wheels in my xr600 they came out of a crf450 all i had to change was the rear bareings even the caliper bracket fitted right on

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have a set which I need to get rid of, all gold great condition coming off my XR650 oversized front "Braking" disc etc, ideally swap for set of off-road wheels + cash.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Looking at a set of Talon/excell wheels from a crf 250,can they be modified to suit my 03 xr 250 or 93 650L.
Talon have a safety disclaimer on there website at moment about there wheels. Due to people selling the wheels to anybody for anybike on EBAY there have been problems, every wheel they produce has a serial number on the hub, if you ring them with the serial number they will tell you which bikes that wheel is designed for and which bikes it can be used on

·
Red Blooded Biker
922 Posts
Just what I was going to say. But XR250 wheels arn't compatible with the XR400 as the front bearings are differant. I found out when I was sold a set of spare wheels as for a 400 but were from a 250.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts