Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading an old thread on the forum about tank bags and it jogged an unwelcome memory. You know the plastic, water-proof covers for tank bags…..A few years ago myself and a friend were heading off to Europe and before we set off we stuffed all our phones, cameras, currency, passports etc into the plastic waterproof bit, before spending ages squeezing the whole lot INSIDE the tank bag. “That will keep it dry,” we thought, “although there’s not much room left in there…..”
It was only as we waited for our ferry at Dover in the rain and watched some lad in front of us take out his cover and put it OVER his tank bag that we realised where we’d been going wrong…..

Anyway, does anyone have suggestions about good tank bags for a ’96 RD07? The air filter cover seems to get in the way a fair old bit.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Try looking for a baglux / bagster tank cover / tankbag combo.

I once found a ye olde sweetshop by the seaside (Frinton-on-Sea) and asked for a quarter of wine gums just as I did as a kid. The liitle old man weighed them out into a paper bag, a a bit more than I remembered. Turns out he'd gone metric and sold me quarter of a Kg! Still pleased with my purchase I raced home with them stuffed in my magnetic tank bag to gobble up. Close to home there's a long open stretch of road where I opened the VTR up and ducked down behind the screen. At a fair rate of knots I felt a disturbance on my knee just before the tank bag yanked itself off its magnetic grip out in the airflow in an instance. Braked as best I could and parked up and walked back looking in the verge / ditch / hedge combo but sadly couldn't find the tankbag with its precious cargo within :-(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try looking for a baglux / bagster tank cover / tankbag combo.

I once found a ye olde sweetshop by the seaside (Frinton-on-Sea) and asked for a quarter of wine gums just as I did as a kid. The liitle old man weighed them out into a paper bag, a a bit more than I remembered. Turns out he'd gone metric and sold me quarter of a Kg! Still pleased with my purchase I raced home with them stuffed in my magnetic tank bag to gobble up. Close to home there's a long open stretch of road where I opened the VTR up and ducked down behind the screen. At a fair rate of knots I felt a disturbance on my knee just before the tank bag yanked itself off its magnetic grip out in the airflow in an instance. Braked as best I could and parked up and walked back looking in the verge / ditch / hedge combo but sadly couldn't find the tankbag with its precious cargo within :-(
Man, that's a double whammy!!

·
Registered
XRV750 RD07
39 Posts
I use a Givi EA110 but had to make the hole in the base bigger so I could access the fuel cap - see photo. The base then fitted well and the bag clips on and off very easily. The only complaint is that it does flop to one side a little if loaded a bit.

However, I have literally used it every day on a 26,000 mile continuous trip and it has held up very well so that shows how well it is made - I still use it now. I soon lost the waterproof cover and just used a piece of bin bag strapped around it. I also use small dry bags inside for those bits you really want to keep dry!

There are even some small side pockets for wine gums...

IMG_3497.jpg DSCN9708.JPG

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I use a Givi EA110 but had to make the hole in the base bigger so I could access the fuel cap - see photo. The base then fitted well and the bag clips on and off very easily. The only complaint is that it does flop to one side a little if loaded a bit.

However, I have literally used it every day on a 26,000 mile continuous trip and it has held up very well so that shows how well it is made - I still use it now. I soon lost the waterproof cover and just used a piece of bin bag strapped around it. I also use small dry bags inside for those bits you really want to keep dry!

There are even some small side pockets for wine gums...

View attachment 165948 View attachment 165949
Certainly tried and tested mate, nice one!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts