Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions for a decent tank pad/ protector for the vara... just looking for something that is a bit different but I don't want a tank cover just yet..

cheers guy's.:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Any suggestions for a decent tank pad/ protector for the vara... just looking for something that is a bit different but I don't want a tank cover just yet..
Is this for the rear or the sides of the tank? The rear of the tank that traditionally gets scratched up on sports bikes is still unmarked on my Vara after 18000 miles. I reckon the more upright seating position keeps you back a little. The sides do get a little scuffing from the knees but that soon polishes out. I've seen clear plastic used to protect both areas but I still don't like the look of it and you always end up with muck or polish caught at the edges.

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
about the best stuff you can get is called "stompgrip"
Stomp Design StompGrip Traction Pads - Universal Fitment

not cheap though. kind of like a self adhesive, very soft clear spikey silicon rubber sheet. meant primarily for sports/MX riders who grip the bike with their thighs while hanging off at crazy angles, but it looks the mutts nuts. if you look at most competition MX bikes they are covered in the stuff.

im with boris though, the riding position just doesnt put you in contact with the tank and the seat flares up a lot at the front anyway, so if you ride up you slide back down again. black is the worst colour for showing up marks and mine has a pristine finish still, but i suppose the honda paint finish helps too

1 - 3 of 3 Posts