Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if you guys remember me posting a thread about a leaking tank but hear is the update. The plastic padding leak fix worked a treat so I painted the small patches were the leak was with Hammerite Smoothrite and it looked okay from a distance a local spayer wanted £200+vat + I need the transfers lol hence the Hammerite
I managed to get a very good condition blue tank and tried to swop for the faster black colour but no luck.
There was a guy on ebay selling transfers for the faster black eagle type ones and they cost £52 so while I tried to get this price down I asked him about spraying and he said he did.
The point of this thread is to help people who need transfers and a tank respray. You are welcome to PM me and I will pass on the details he is based in Nottingham and will gladly travel up to Sheffield if it helps
I am well pleased with the work he as done on my tank or I would not have posted this thread and if you would like to see it you are welcome to call round pics will not do it justice lol
Hope it help someone:thumbleft:

·
BLUE 1999 xrv750x
727 Posts
hi eeen - glad you manged to sort yourself out in the end..

Have you got any pictures of the finished tank?

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
I dont know if you guys remember me posting a thread about a leaking tank but hear is the update. The plastic padding leak fix worked a treat so I painted the small patches were the leak was with Hammerite Smoothrite and it looked okay from a distance a local spayer wanted £200+vat + I need the transfers lol hence the Hammerite
I managed to get a very good condition blue tank and tried to swop for the faster black colour but no luck.
There was a guy on ebay selling transfers for the faster black eagle type ones and they cost £52 so while I tried to get this price down I asked him about spraying and he said he did.
The point of this thread is to help people who need transfers and a tank respray. You are welcome to PM me and I will pass on the details he is based in Nottingham and will gladly travel up to Sheffield if it helps
I am well pleased with the work he as done on my tank or I would not have posted this thread and if you would like to see it you are welcome to call round pics will not do it justice lol
Hope it help someone:thumbleft:
If you already had the stickers why didn't you take them to a local autofactors and then let them scan and print them??

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi never even thought of that but in all fairness the guy was selling the decals on ebay and I just asked if he new anybody who sprayed. I then took the tank to him and let him spray and apply decals. I do have the front spoiler and rear panels decals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts