Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, took the cover off the teak garden set the other week (spring must be in the air) and had patches that looked like the stain had come off (the only way to decribe it) I oiled it before I put a cover over it in Nov and again after an hour without the cover, this darkened and fed most of thewood, but not all.
Any ideas what I could or should use, it's only acouple of years old so nothing too drastic, and cheap is good:thumbup:

·
Stop looking at my Member
265 Posts
To be honest mate I've never bothered with the supposed teak treating stuff as it seems to be an excuse to charge more. I've always just used olive oil and a paintbrush...

And no you cannot smell it when the sun hits it :)

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
creosote works best:D:D:D:D:D

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
Teak doesn't need treating, it goes grey, that's what teak does, it should just be regularly cleaned with a stiff brush & water. If it's already treated then I can't help you.

teak decking on boats, be it in salt water or clear water have been treated like this for the past few hundred years with no problems.

·
Serial Scenic Router
1,369 Posts
.........Any ideas what I could or should use, it's only acouple of years old so (nothing too drastic, and) cheap is good:thumbup:

Fire!! der der der......der der. Fire! :rolleyes: :D

nah just kiddin!! teak init.....so what he said!

·
BLUE 1999 xrv750x
727 Posts
best is to pressure wash it to get rid of the back mould and discoluration and let it dry out -then leave it as it or - or use a teak oil - however this is just for aestherics - just to get it looking brown again.... it wont prolong the life of the teak itself.

hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts