Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Dances with Drunks
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a bit on here lately about DIY maintenance, high prices/poor workmanship from dealers. Set me a-thinking.

Before buying a TA, I hummed and haahed about a BMW F650GS. Spent a fair bit of time looking at http://faq.f650.com/main.html which is the Technical FAQ section of The Chain Gang, the US-based F650 site. A highly impressive site, as good as any of it's kind I have come across. Detailed explanations, tips and shortcuts for virtually every maintenance or repair situation imaginable.

Wouldn't it be good if we had something similar. I appreciate that the Chain Gang FAQ has been put together over a long period of time by a large number of people, and that there probably aren't enough of us TA owners to produce anything like that breadth of information. But how about an abbreviated version, to include the common maintenance procedures - especially some of the more 'quirky' things like plug changes, valve adjustment etc

Watchathink?

Alan

·
0 Posts
To be honest I thought we had a damned good informative group on here. Its not till you look at the chain gang or f650.co.uk that you realise how much info there is on the bmw's but to put another spin on it, the lack of tech stuff on the forums of xrv and transalp.org say more about how good the TA is in my opinion.

In any case there are plenty of helpfull and colourfull characters like wheely bin, snagger, chrisHSX, caveman, fat john, recycler etc etc(too many stars to list) that are more than willing to TRY AND HELP .

Even when you look at transalp.org, we tranny owners dont seem to have half the issues of the f650 posse.

We have a techy area in any case dont we? the main transalp forum. Though it wouldnt be too difficult for the mod to put in a mechanical and electrical section.

just my thoughts

Paul.

·
Registered
832 Posts
There was an excellent German chap, Deti, who had a good site for the TA. Unfortunately he went over to the other side and bought an F650 - traitor!!! Just had a quick look and the pages seem to be still there http://www.ta-deti.de. Found some very useful stuff there... like THE way to get the chain adjustment right 8)
ps thanks for the mention 24ftlb - spose that means I owe you a pint..... :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Any info you want publishing then just let me know.
I'll do anything you want... within reason!

The problem we always have is that someone has to write the content!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts