Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right time for the begging bowl again!
I need some additional help with the site.
So doing a trawl again to see if there's anyone willing to help out on a regular basis.
The benefits are that you'll have the undying love of this sites community, and have the satisfaction in knowing that you've helped create and move forward this wonderful site. If I can think of any more benefits I'll post them up! :teeth:

I need someone that has these skills / attributes or is willing to learn them.
HTML
CSS
PHP (although if interested you can cross train from most programming languages)
MySQL (although generic SQL is fine)
Experience of modding phpBB and Mediawiki (desirable)
Time!

Please apply by PM'ing me or posting back here.
Thanks
Dave

L

·
0 Posts
DaveS said:
Right time for the begging bowl again!
I need some additional help with the site.
So doing a trawl again to see if there's anyone willing to help out on a regular basis.
The benefits are that you'll have the undying love of this sites community, and have the satisfaction in knowing that you've helped create and move forward this wonderful site. If I can think of any more benefits I'll post them up! :teeth:

I need someone that has these skills / attributes or is willing to learn them.
HTML
CSS
PHP (although if interested you can cross train from most programming languages)
MySQL (although generic SQL is fine)
Experience of modding phpBB and Mediawiki (desirable)
Time!

Please apply by PM'ing me or posting back here.
Thanks
Dave
I'll offer what I can Dave, not sure how much that is as I'm purely a systems troubleshooter with 15 years of experience on [email protected], Novell and recently Linux. Ony just started HTML/PHP/CSS and Mysql for the PHP-Fusion sites I run. (typical I hate programming stance until I needed it...funny really as I started out programming in Basic, Pascal and Cobol in the late 80's)

Anyway talk to me on MSN if you think I might have anything to offer (even server/webspace).

Kymmy 8)

·
Need Constant Supervision
2,495 Posts
I would absolutely love to help Dave but with my time constraints with my new job just woudn't be able to commit unfortenately. This is going to be a busy year :shock:

L

·
0 Posts
Hey Maverick...I noticed the pair of Y-fronts waving about on your sig. You come from or lived there?

Kymmy

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
Dave my technical ability is very limited but I do moderate and administrate on another php site so know my way around the admin panel, don't know if that is any help but willing to help out if you need to. I do seem to spend most of my time here too :teeth: :teeth:

·
Kymmy accepts no responsibility for this blondes c
2,075 Posts
ooo computery electrotrickery stuffy not my thing... still have to have 3 hour lecture every time some gizmo dodar thingymagigizus gets a new .(dot) squiggle or some other man from mars symbol added... :oops:
I streactly deal wiv pritty stuff like graphiks an sockwave only. :thumb: :flower: :downtown: .. oh and i am also in charge of makin tea apparently :twisted:

L

·
0 Posts
Jenna said:
I streactly deal wiv pritty stuff like graphiks an sockwave only. :thumb: :flower: :downtown: .. oh and i am also in charge of makin tea apparently :twisted:
Great idea...you know just how I like it so get making!!!!!

:twisted: Kymmy :twisted:

PS...don't forget the hot water bottles in bed tonight as your feet are freezing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,027 Posts
Jenna said:
PS...don't forget the hot water bottles in bed tonight as your feet are freezing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
Cor I remember them from when I was a kid and we had no heating in the house. Too hot to start with, then nice and finally touching them by accident in the morning when they're bloody cold. I had a Pinky and Perky type :thumb:

·
All the gear...no idea
472 Posts
I will help if you need it, have previously programmed in C/C++, VB, Delphi,SQL,ASP,PHP,MySQL,CSS,HTML.

let me know what you want doing.

S

·
0 Posts
I'm with fat fergie :cry: Haven't got a scoobie about any of this, but if you need someone to hit something with a hammer, I'm your man :D

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
I could be in charge of anything wich needs to be throwing out of windows :compwin:
and i could do this as well :smashit:

L

·
0 Posts
Kymmy said:
Jenna said:
Hmm, I think Jenna needs to straighten out her priorities. I take doggy for a walk expecting a nice hot cup of tea when I got back. What do I find....one cold kettle and Jenna stuck in front of Eurosport watching the Dakar :cry:

Kymmy 8)

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Kymmy said:
Jenna said:

Sorry girls, but that's far too much information :shock:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I'd love to help Dave, but my programming experience ended when I got rid of my Commodore 64.....

...Commodore BASIC was for winners.... :D

·
Nexus 6
1,320 Posts
Believe me, the LAST thing you want is me helping out behind the scenes when electrons are being fired down wires at bits that glow in different colours. Chaos would be the only way to describe it.

BUT, if you need any physical help, like the bins emptying, I'm yer man....

·
2,495 Posts
Kymmy said:
Hey Maverick...I noticed the pair of Y-fronts waving about on your sig. You come from or lived there?

Kymmy
I are from africa originally, stuck on the mud island the last 7 years :shock: :D

·
2,495 Posts
boboneleg said:
Kymmy said:
Jenna said:

Sorry girls, but that's far too much information :shock:
Yeah agree with you bob to much info not enough pics :teeth:

L

·
0 Posts
Maverick said:
I are from africa originally, stuck on the mud island the last 7 years :shock: :D
Where abouts in SA? I lived in Springs (near Jo'burg) for most of my pre-teen years. Was last back there in 1994 just after the elections.

Kymmy 8)

PS..that reminds me must stock up on more Biltong and Boereworse..looks like another trip to London is in order.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Dave, Im Happy to Help.

Im more Solaris, Hardware, but could do with the practice. Plus Cie lives local to me ... I can always blad assistance from him ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts