Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im new to this but was wandering if anyone has any info or help on my matter.

heres the thing, i have a 1988 xr600 supermoto to which i have fitted an slr 650 engine in to. i have modified the airbox top yoke ect ect

i just wanted to know if i can run the slr 650 engine on the xr600 carb without hassle
the slr runs a tps and the xr does not, will the engine run the same with the tps not connected or will i either have to run with the slr carb or modify my xr carb to fit the tps to it.

help please
any info will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi guys im new to this but was wandering if anyone has any info or help on my matter.

heres the thing, i have a 1988 xr600 supermoto to which i have fitted an slr 650 engine in to. i have modified the airbox top yoke ect ect

i just wanted to know if i can run the slr 650 engine on the xr600 carb without hassle
the slr runs a tps and the xr does not, will the engine run the same with the tps not connected or will i either have to run with the slr carb or modify my xr carb to fit the tps to it.

help please
any info will be much appreciated.
you should only need to run the TPS if your running the slr loom..your engine should run fine without TPS

im assuming that the XR carb just bolts straight on and the only problem that youd have their is that the engine will run a little lean due to the carb being set to work 600cc's and not 650

it may be an idea to buy some jets or a jet kit,,but as to what size jets ?!?!? i couldnt tell you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah im running the slr loom to have the proper lights and the starter motor ect i was going to go for bigger jets on the xr carb or see if the jets from the slr carb fit the xr carb.

·
Registered
140 Posts
yeah im running the slr loom to have the proper lights and the starter motor ect i was going to go for bigger jets on the xr carb or see if the jets from the slr carb fit the xr carb.

im no expert but i think youll find if your running the SLR loom youll need the SLR Carb for the TPS

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just went ahead and fitted the slr carb tonight after stripping blasting and rebuilding it. it looks ok.

next question is. does the regulator rectifier use the case/heatsink as a frame earth if so then i will need to attach an earth braid to it as im fitting it to the top of the xr airbox.

cheers for any help i can post som pics if anyone is interested?

·
Registered
140 Posts
just went ahead and fitted the slr carb tonight after stripping blasting and rebuilding it. it looks ok.

next question is. does the regulator rectifier use the case/heatsink as a frame earth if so then i will need to attach an earth braid to it as im fitting it to the top of the xr airbox.

cheers for any help i can post som pics if anyone is interested?
mmm good question....

im not sure about the earth thing... but....reg recs can get pretty hot ...hot enough to melt plasitc maybe???

as for the earth thing maybe someone else can shed light on it as ive never moved one ...but having said that from memory ive never seen one not mounted on a frame / metal part

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
My xl600lm rec/reg is mounted on the air box so shouldn't be a prob. Also if it has 5 wires coming out of it, it may well be the same as my dominator/xl. 3 yellows from stator, red + and the green being earth.
Wouldn't hurt to be on the safe side though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts