Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
Here.

Put a full set on the dommie at 30k miles when the originals were completely shot.
Got a new bike back. BIG improvement. The bike sat quite a bit higher, didn't dive as much under braking, and generally felt a lot more planted. It feels like quality kit and it was only about a tenner more than what Hagon would cost over here.

That said, the rear is shot again at the moment (nearly 57k miles) which just might have something to do with the shock sitting completely unprotected right in front of the rear wheel and I think I've cleaned the bike once since I've got it. :oops:

But they can be rebuilt, I'm having that done later this year.

There's also the German Wilbers suspension, which is basically a Technoflex copy / ripoff depending on which side you listen to. ;-)

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
Hmm,:rolleyes:.:D:D.

I know a lot of people who think that springs and shox last forever and they only need to service the engine and change the brake pads:D.

Suspension wears just like everything else on a bike and needs to be serviced or renewed.:thumbup:.

When you sussies are in top notch order the bike will handle to its potential, and as we ride the brain adjust to the wear and nothing seems wrong.....but step on a new bike and the difference is amazing!:rolleyes:.

If riders sorted out the sussies on their own bikes maybe we would keep them longer...after all, with new shox and springs would'nt it be "just like new !". Save a lot of cash too.;):thumbup:.

There are quite a few companies in the UK who will service, respring ,(to your weight too) change the oil and re-gas your shox for reasonable money...get it done and you will fall in love with your bike all over again...Trust Me.;):D:D.

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
Wot he said. :)

Over time, things start sagging at the back, and there's less damping so it turns into a bit of a camel. Currently the only rear damping on the dommie is the friction in what's left of the pro-link bearings. Having your rear wheel bounce free from the road mid-corner does very interesting things to the handling. :shock:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts