Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i'm after some info about the temp gauge setup if anyone can help?

The tempt agauge on my RD07 doesn't seem to be working, the needle doesn;t move off the stop, i was originally thinking it was the thermostat but after unplugging the temp sender and pushing a peice of 3 core into the female plug and earthing it against the engine i'm now thinking it's the gauge in the cockpit that could be faulty but would like to have a second opinion about it.

can anyone help?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Hi guys, i'm after some info about the temp gauge setup if anyone can help?

The tempt agauge on my RD07 doesn't seem to be working, the needle doesn;t move off the stop, i was originally thinking it was the thermostat but after unplugging the temp sender and pushing a peice of 3 core into the female plug and earthing it against the engine i'm now thinking it's the gauge in the cockpit that could be faulty but would like to have a second opinion about it.

can anyone help?
Hi!

Lots of people seem to make the same mistake when they first buy these bikes.
These gauges only show tempereture if you riide in hot days or in traffic.
Dont forget this was built for hot climates.

If your gauge is really damaged, I might have a spare one for sale.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mate, thank's for getting back to me, so if i was to fire her up in the garage how long would you say i should leave it til the gauge starts to come up?

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,034 Posts
Hi mate, thank's for getting back to me, so if i was to fire her up in the garage how long would you say I should leave it til the gauge starts to come up?
About 2 weeks in a northern climate.

I would take it for a fast ride of at least 15 minutes(this only works on a hot day)then get stuck in some really slow traffic for about 15 minutes before it starts to get anywhere the middle of the gauge range.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Start it, set the idle speed to 2000rpm and 10 min should be enough.

I dont like to do it in the side stand, because of engine lubrication. Use the central stand if you have it or just sit on the bike with it straight and wait.

Make sure you have enough coolant in the rear reservoir. The gauge shows water temp., not engine temp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts