Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out for a ride today and it was a nice 40C, so of course since I just got it back from the dealership and have done some.... preventative maintenance. Of course the fuel pump took a dump. Yes, I know I should have/will change it to a facet eventually just need it on the road for now. But I wanted to know, since it does get balls hot here in Abu Dhabi during the summer. 50C+ As I bought and want to use it as a daily driver what's the max temp I can ride the AT on during the summer? It does get up to the 60C sometimes.

Thanks

·
Registered
450 Posts
Depends on your driving, if it's on motorway etc then should be fine. But in traffic or start/stop driving that's not good.

As long as your fan isn't on all the time then your ok.

Keep an eye on your oil consumption and use an oil for high temperature riding, for example 15W 50 or higher if you can get it.

You could look at a waterless coolant called "Evans Waterless Coolant" it doesn't boil and claims to run at a lower temperature, also you never need to change it.

Also ideally I wouldn't use a aftermarket exhaust or K&N air filter, you don't want to lean out your fuel mixture if your riding in Abu Dhabi!

Hope this helps

Traveling The World Two Up on a 1989 Africa Twin 650.

Updates Here:
www.instagram.com/Africa.Twin.Adventures
www.facebook.com/DHealy91

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plan on dumping a bottle or two of water wetter. Worked great in my Nissan S13, 90% of the riding here is highway so that's a plus. I have a gpr exhaust which came with the bike. What's wrong with the radiator fans switching on? Battery drain?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Like was said. Plus, make sure your three rads are clean and free of debris. The pair of engine rads and the oil cooler. As long as you are moving along, you shouldn't have any problem. The fan shall not even kick in.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
I've run my AT off road in the dunes in Morocco and in the Pyrenees and other high temp climates in boggy areas and the fan has been on almost all day. No problems. Stopped every now and then for a rest and let it cool down

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's great to hear thanks for everyone's input. Just don't want to risk overheating the old girl. The radar and oil cooler are clean and It's mostly highway. But when it starts hitting 50°C and up I'll make sure to have breaks to let it cool down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts