Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my AT, but after a run out with a group of Cypriot bikers the other week(most on GS's), I've found myself lusting after an 1150GS:eek: Even looked at the 2nd hand sites in Germany...

Am I sick?...:(

·
Registered
376 Posts
I love my AT, but after a run out with a group of Cypriot bikers the other week(most on GS's), I've found myself lusting after an 1150GS:eek: Even looked at the 2nd hand sites in Germany...Am I sick?...:(
Simple answer = Yes!Look at your AT, look at an ugly GS and realise how much you would miss it if you sold it! You will always be able to get your hands on a good GS but that cannot be said of an AT as they get older and rarer!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I love my AT, but after a run out with a group of Cypriot bikers the other week(most on GS's), I've found myself lusting after an 1150GS:eek: Even looked at the 2nd hand sites in Germany...

Am I sick?...:(
And a YES from my side as well.

It can't be denied that an equally skilled rider as oneself riding a GS will outperform the AT on most sealed roads. On unsealed roads however it's a different story! In addition the GS is not the most beautiful of bikes.
So if you want to cheat on your AT do it properly and get yourself some KTM-Rallye-Replica... and keep the AT all the same :D.

Cheers

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
You know it has to be done, scratch the itch.

However if you haven't ridden one take it for a long test ride first

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, never ridden one, but would love to have a go...just to see what the fuss is about;)

Plus the missus will kill me if I get rid of the Twin..even if it is for a product of her homeland
:mrgreen:

But a bit more ooomph would be nice...
:rolleyes:

Took the old girl out for a bit of light offroading yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it....nothing beats a durrrty Twin
:toothy10:

But can't help thinking...hmmm!

And yes, a GS has looks only a mother could love
:mrgreen:

Think I should just stop watching repeats of LWR...

·
Bloody furriner
5,010 Posts
That's easy enough to fix... Start watching Mondo Enduro. Much more fun anyway, and you'll be lusting after a cheap little DR350 next. ;-)

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
Yes get a GS I understand they make a good winter hack bike until they break and cost too much to fix but then if you keep the AT you will be alright as they rarely break and don't cost too much to fix if they do.

I love my AT but also have an R80g/S as well (for sale) - its a minter but no AT

Reactions: 621andy
1 - 11 of 11 Posts