Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, 'twas me that bought louisqas's @.
It all started when I bought an a very sad looking rd04 about august last year, which I was instantly relieved of by my brother in law, who had wanted an 04 longer than I had, and said it wasnt fair.
So here we are again, another 04, same state, same colour, same pipe etc etc. Bit spooky actually. Oh, apart from this ones got the dreaded @ splineless output shaft. :(
Its gona miss this summer, as Ive got four modes of transport to sort and get out the way, one of them being a klx 650 sm thats down to the nuts and bolts at the mo, but has got to be sorted before the @, as I just dont have the room. (maybe im overstretching myself a little!)
so, suppose I just have to dream of summer 2011, and my full rebuild 04, with new output shaft that'll see me to my retirement. :iconbiggrin:
Of course, i'll put up a full set of 'how I put my shaft in' :oops: pics up when I finally get round to it.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
i'll put up a full set of 'how I put my shaft in' :oops: pics up when I finally get round to it.[/QUOTE said:
Brilliant !! Properly documented,this will be the long overdue contribution that many XRV 'Oiks" have been waiting for ! :thumb:
( I'm hoping, I'll never need to refer to it though :rolleyes: :) )

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,081 Posts
I'm stripping an RD04 lump at the moment and it has a decent output shaft (it was the gearbox that went) plus all other parts (not bothered actually listing them yet):thumbup:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brilliant !! Properly documented,this will be the long overdue contribution that many XRV 'Oiks" have been waiting for ! :thumb:
( I'm hoping, I'll never need to refer to it though :rolleyes: :) )
I wouldnt get too excited just yet. Feel like hanging myself sometimes with the amount of crap ive gota get thru before I can even look at the @. but look at it this way, it'll be done in time for yours needing a shaft... :thumbup:

I'm stripping an RD04 lump at the moment and it has a decent output shaft (it was the gearbox that went) plus all other parts (not bothered actually listing them yet):thumbup:
Call me anal, but after going to the bother of completely rebuiding the whole bike, motor an all, and the resulting £100+ worth of gaskets etc, i'll be putting a NEW shaft, bearing and seal in there for 100% peace of mind.
But thanks anyway. :thumbup:

The brother in laws bike has 20000 more miles on it than mine, and the shafts fine. This proves that you want previous owners who havent a clue, rather than ones who have half a clue. Why?

Owners who have half a clue THINK they know how to tighten a chain, put it too tight, and kill the shaft.

Owners who have no clue will just ride it till the chain falls off, but at least the shaft'll be ok.:toothy10:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts