Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yamaha will be giving free test rides (subject to criteria) on the brand new Super Ténéré and FZ8 at the National BikeSafe event in Sheffield on 12-13 June.

Yamaha says this will be the first UK showing at an outside event of both models so visit the Yamaha stand early to book a test ride.

Dave Coates, the Yamaha supported stunt rider, will also be putting his stunt expertise on display over the weekend.

Welcome to Sheffield

For 2010 the National BikeSafe event is being hosted by South Yorkshire Police at Sheffield Arena. The show is free to visit and ample parking is available.

www.bikesafeshow.co.uk

·
My Blue Beast
756 Posts
Yamaha will be giving free test rides (subject to criteria) on the brand new Super Ténéré and FZ8 at the National BikeSafe event in Sheffield on 12-13 June.

Yamaha says this will be the first UK showing at an outside event of both models so visit the Yamaha stand early to book a test ride.

Dave Coates, the Yamaha supported stunt rider, will also be putting his stunt expertise on display over the weekend.

Welcome to Sheffield

For 2010 the National BikeSafe event is being hosted by South Yorkshire Police at Sheffield Arena. The show is free to visit and ample parking is available.

[URL="http://www.bikesafeshow.co.uk"]www.bikesafeshow.co.uk[/URL]
all sounds good but and its a big but........one of the yamaha test rider / demo bods was down our local yam dealer last week and had the super ten ( silver ) with him. a couple jumped on it and vanished for a bit of a spin and when i asked for a blat was flatly refused..........why ? because i rode a vara ( honda ) and the couple owned an existing tenere !! so no yam no test ride. how sh*te is that ? so how do they hope to poach gs / vara / @t owners away when preference is given solely to yam owners ? beats me. nice bike though. ( sounded very gs..ish somehow:confused: ) rant over.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yamaha said: "There is absolutely no policy to refuse test rides to customers of other brands. After all, as this customer rightly says, how will we gain additional customers if they can't test ride Yamaha product?

"We don't have a specific test ride policy which dealers adhere to, but leave it to the dealer to set their own criteria, which is usually based on their insurance policies - who they can cover, points on licences etc."

Ade - can you let me know the dealer please and I'll get back on to them?

L

·
0 Posts
Have cross posted it on the super-ten site :thumbup: great find Chris :thumbup:

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
They will never let it out of their sites (unless you have a spare £13k) but Bridge in Exeter have a Super 10 in at the moment, looks great in the flesh, and a nice change for the ubiqetious Beemer (no offence out there)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts