Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Golam Rosewater
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple of hours spare today, so took out the 700 Transalp demo at my local dealers.
Overall, very impressed by what Honda have done, they seem to have injected some 'fun' into the engine. Where as the 650 is very, very smooth and some what 'lazy' in propelling you forward, the 700 feels more like a torquey single!
It's also nice to see the Transalp getting powerful brakes too.

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Nice to see you back john, been a while, an good to see you back in the saddle, now get your arse back on a bike permanently.

ps mailed you today,check your emails mate.

·
Golam Rosewater
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rich, you have mail back :thumbright:

Phil, I would buy one but 6 grand is a tad too much (good offer though, new 700 on '10' plate with centerstand, heated grips and topbox).

Besides, I'm off to go on a demo ride on the new 2010 Kawasaki Versys this afternoon.

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
That's why we haven't seen him for a while, he's turned in to a test ride tart, travelling the the length and breadth of the country trashing and thrashing and test riding the unsuspecting dealer stocks. Like they say the only thing faster than a test ride bike/car is a rental, go for it mate.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Rich, you have mail back :thumbright:

Phil, I would buy one but 6 grand is a tad too much (good offer though, new 700 on '10' plate with centerstand, heated grips and topbox).

Besides, I'm off to go on a demo ride on the new 2010 Kawasaki Versys this afternoon.
Did you try the Versys? How did it compare?

Giles

·
Registered
116 Posts
Did you try the Versys? How did it compare?

Giles
Before buying my Alp new last year, I test rode the Versys. It's a similar bike and feels a little more powerful than the Alp. I found the gearchange a little clunky and generally felt it to be slightly less comfortable. Comfort is one of my principal requirements on a motorcycle these days, way above most other qualities, but the way it is experienced will vary between riders. The same bike will suit some and not others. On balance I went for the Alp but there wasn't a huge difference, they are both excellent machines.

Either bike would likely fit your requirements that you have mentioned in another thread. Ultimately though there is only fairly limited value in listening to others' opinions on bike choice because it is such a highly personal thing. You must try them for yourself.

Incidentally I've fitted the Honda tall screen to my Alp which makes a major improvement in reducing wind blast and rain.

·
Registered
169 Posts
THanks for that - I've read a lot of comments on a Versys forum about the seat and comfort in general. My Varadero's ace on that front.

Agree on the test ride - looking forward to that. Although my heart is already swinging to the Transalp. Partly due to this forum! Irrational but true.

Cheers

Giles

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
THanks for that - I've read a lot of comments on a Versys forum about the seat and comfort in general. My Varadero's ace on that front.

Agree on the test ride - looking forward to that. Although my heart is already swinging to the Transalp. Partly due to this forum! Irrational but true.

Cheers

Giles
As soon as you sit on the bike you should know in your heart if it is the bike for you. The test rides are just there to convince your brain that your heart is right for a change.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts