Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Elefant rider
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the chance for a testride on a 900 AC Elefant... That's what I am going to swap trannie n° 1 for... just have to find a bike now and sell the otherone. (will keep trannie n°2 though - the rebuild)

The ride itself was great. Better than the @ I rode a couple of weeks ago, and much more fun than the 650... had a huge grin on my face.

ok, the sound needs some getting used to. Sounds like a box of old screws...

Will check out the first candidate this friday.

·
Elefant rider
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yupp, ducati engine, but I have a very cheap mechanic.

But he isnt too happy about me changing from Honda to Cagiva... wonder why? :confused: :D

·
Elefant rider
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice pictures! Am currently in contact with a couple of the guys from the board you posted that link Gebrauchtkauf to.

One of them checked one bike out for me which looked very promising but it turned out to be cr*p. They wrecked the CDIs by jumpstarting that thing with a car battery... rust everywhere... oil coming out of the engine.

But I will finally meet that guy who went looking at that bike for me this saturday and I will be riding his elefant a little offroad. He seems to be really nice and he owns a couple of those bikes. So I can even pick which one I want to testride. And it looks like he might have a bike in stock for me. :D We will see.

·
Kymmy accepts no responsibility for this blondes c
2,075 Posts
love the 900i ( one of my all time top 3 bikes) but not sure i would have another cagiva, abismal build quality and the worst nightmare for parts in both cost and availability..... be 200% sure you want to go down this route before you part with cash! :thumbright:

·
Elefant rider
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
been testing offroad today.... it has a lot better sitting/ standing position than my alp. And you can ride like a bike... The alp seems to be so much heavier it is incredible....

will test two different 750 in the next couple of weeks.

Anyhow if it be this bike or another... the current bike has to be swapped. No matter what I do, it is impossible to fit that thing to me the way I want it and funnily with both Elefant it was like being at home (but I have to admit... they were both running fine when I tested, dont know how much more maintenance it will need)

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
This one was for sale in Sweden.
I think it went for 2700 Euro.
Odometer reading was in the region of 4000 km

I was interested until I was quoted the price for a service...
And specific spareparts for the Elefant is difficult to obtain.

The Ducati parts is easy to find compared to the Cagica/Elefant parts.

So, I like the looks, and the sound, and the heritage and all that, but I'm not that kind of enthusiast to really own one.

·
Elefant rider
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok I did it. But not the 900AC, I bought a 750..... no good 900s on the marked. Checked a few, but now on saturday the 750 will be delivered and dropped off in front of the garage so the mechanic can get to work... and the list is loooong. Very long. Really looking forward to it though.

·
Elefant rider
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, waiting for spare parts now.... went to my mechanic to get the chain for the alp... talked to him and wondered why it was so dark in the garage... then I looked up. :D

Since the elefant doesnt have a centre stand it was pretty much the only possibility to store the bike until the 19 to 21" changed front wheel arrives.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts