Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I received this today from Karen England who was presented with our cheque yesterday at the Ace:

Hi Tom

I wanted to thank you and all your fellow members of xrv.org.uk for undertaking The Longest Ride 2009 in aid of Make-A-Wish and for raising so much money for us, and for letting me share in such an enjoyable morning yesterday at The Ace Café. I had a really lovely time; it was such an interesting venue and it was really lovely meeting so many of you, hearing about the ride and being able to thank you all in person.

I hope you all understand how much you have done for us and how the money raised by you and your fellow bikers will help us to grant more magical wishes.

To date the money you have all raised together will fund five (and a half!) wishes. I would like to tell you about two of them, both of which are due to happen in the next month or so, and both of which have a bike connection, which seemed so apt! I hope you will share these wishes with all your members so they can see how their money is being put to work. I hope they are pleased!

Che, is 15 and lives in London with his mother, grandmother and two brothers. Che has an aggressive form of Spindle Cell Sarcoma, being originally diagnosed in May 2007. He has undergone chemotherapy and radiotherapy but sadly his disease has progressed to a stage where there are no further treatments. Che is not aware of this very poor prognosis. Che is really into motor bikes and everything with engines. He has a mini motorbike in his sitting room. Che’s first wish was to go on holiday with his family as they hadn’t been away for a long time. However, he is unable to fly and so we have moved to his second wish which is to own a quad bike. He also loves watching DVDs with quad bikes and motor bikes. His favourite books are manuals for the bikes, so a true fan! Make-A-Wish is now in the process of organising Che’s wish.

Jonathon, is 13 and lives in Abertillery in Wales with his parents and older sister. Jonathon has Ewing’s Sarcoma of the pelvis; this is a malignant bone tumour. Our volunteers soon realised that he is a real Motocross fan. He has a bike but is now too big for it. His dad is saving up for a new one for him for Christmas. Jonathon lives in a small town in Wales, surrounded by valleys and mountains and he used to go out all the time with his friends on their bikes. Now he would like a 65cc Kawasaki or KTM small wheel, some new safety gear by Fox and some Alpinestar Tech 10 Boots and a small trailer for the car so his Dad can take him to Cardiff to use the CMX track there. Again Make-A-Wish is in the middle of organising this wish for Jonathan and it will be granted within the next month or so.

I will be getting the photos soon which we will send you.

With kind regards and many many thanks again.

Karen EnglandFundraising Director

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Brilliant.

Tell her if she wants any of us to turn up and cheer them on on the race track we will happily do so.:thumbright:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Would love to be able to go and see him race his new bike.

·
Stone Crazy
5,306 Posts
good stuff Tom, well done to all, is it ok if i copy that to use on a thank you poster with mom,s pic at the local bike shop?
Merv

1 - 9 of 9 Posts