Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my first go at logging in using my new smart phone and the tapatalk app, only to be confronted with at least 6 new posts that seemed to originate from me. I quickly signed out, and logged in with my tablet to get the view I'm used to, expecting to have to advise that I'd been hacked.
It would seem that the tapatalk view on mobile is very different to the forum view i get from my tablet. By the way, until 6 weeks ago I'd never owned a smart phone, and still wonder whether it was the right choice as I have used my tablet for internet access for nearly 4 years now and the phone was just that, a phone with messaging and poor quality photographic ability.
It is a learning experience and I've generally been open to those so i shall persist, as I've learned to swipe type, though often forget to proof read.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This was what I'd intended to post, it's not Transalp, but related because it's also from my garage. For a number of reasons I've been unable to get out for a proper ride since November and that is summer and hot here. Last Sunday I managed a 250km ride around out region. It was raining so I wore my race like leathers in case I got it wrong, and I rode my Hyosung 250, which had done 477km since I rebuilt it.
There are many straight roads in our region but few winding mountain roads. Sarina Range Road (about 50km south of here and the rain started about half way there) was closed after Cyclone Debbie washed much of it away in March 2017 and has only recently opened to 1 Lane of traffic, so it was a nice change to find both lanes open. About 4km bottom to top so a return trip took only minutes. As I am still running the little bag of bolts in it was due progress with much speeding up and slowing down and changing gears to avoid overloading or over revving the engine
After that I took back roads to Walketston, then onto the Mackay-Eungella Road. Heading up the Pioneer Valley I was surprised to be able to overtake a line of card led by a large sedan (V6 or V8 Holden and base for the Vauxhall(?) Bathhurst that some of you may be familiar with). This coincided with the approach to 3 fast curves just before Gargett where I refueled. From there it was on through Pinnacle ( try the pies, they're great), Finch Hatton and Netherdale before the climb up Eungella Range. Rain has fallen for most of January, but devastating fires went through the area during November and December. The lush new carpet of green grass makes the blackened yes stand out on the hillsides around there.
Many years ago I was told that Eungella means "Place in the Clouds" and at lunch time on Sunday it was exactly that, with visibility at the public lookout being 50m at best. So I rode to the top. Turned around in the township and descended to the first big hairpin and took the pic of the bike with the green grass the blackened yes and the grey fluffy stuff as a background.

Sent from my T85 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From there it was a straight run down the Valley to home, about 85 km away. On arrival I needed some help peeling the leathers of and we leather that wearing leathers with red inset panels in rain causes one to look badly sunburnt. A fun fact about living in the tropics is that even when it rains, the temperature stays fairly high, so the only time I noticed it was a bit cool was at Eungella. In the days since, flooding and land slips/slides have closed that road and the second pic is from yesterday's local paper. The mighty Hyoo250 had now has its first oil and filter change, though according to the manual I should have waited another 275km and changed it at 1000km. Ah well that's not the only break-in rule I broke so no big deal.

Sent from my T85 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts