Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I went to a popular Wednesday night bike meeting at a pub called The Hen and Chickens in Melling on the outskirts of Liverpool.

I had just left one of the Mersey Tunnels and was riding along a (rather notorious,ahem) large main road called Scotland Road when a bike appeared at the 'Give Way' line on a side road to my right.

It was a large green Kawasaki 4 stroke traile...either a KLR or KLX..I didn`t quite take in the model of it.

The reason that the model of bike didn`t quite register was that as soon as the bike approached the 'Give Way' point,it swung to its right across the side road and mounted the kerb......and then accelerated at such at rate it was travelling faster than I was !!!

I gawped in amazement as it travelled parallel to me for a full block`s worth of shop fronts and alleyways,then skid turned onto the road I was on.

As I approached a traffic light junction where I wanted to turn right,the bike rapidly accelerated alongside me....

I THEN SAW THAT IT WAS THREE UP !!!!

Yup....three 'yoofs' aboard it....all with beanie hats pulled low down and jacket collars turned up high .... even with scarves over their noses and mouths,so there was no chance at all of identifying them.

Most of the bike`s number plate was broken off below the mounting screws.

They blatted alongside me for a short distance then swung across the road behind me,and hooned along a road leading to the docks area.

That wasn`t nicked,then,was it ????

No cops about of course....

Rang them up.....'Thank you Sir,but it`ll be well gone by now......'

Ho hum.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Yes, pity about some of the 'locals' around there Tarka. It's a good meeting point really with some very nice roads nearby.

Have you seen anything of ATKid up there, he used to be a regular b4 his bike got nicked!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts