Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see Maggie has had an op to remove a small growth. The growth contained minor traces of compassion. If left untreated it can develop into a social concience. Rapid invasive treatment at a private hospital has ensured all traces have been eradicated with little chance of it recuring.

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Oooh, some good social satire there :)

ex-Miner? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oooh, some good social satire there :)

ex-Miner? :rolleyes:
HaHa, no. Just picking up on her quote "There is no such thing as society", and living through her reign and seeing the aftermath.

Reactions: Lulu

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Yeah yeah.....

All that Poverty and Hunger malarkey is just a rumour put about by poor people with no money or food or jobs.....there's one job for every five unemployed people in this country. Why don't they share it...M.P.'s would......:rolleyes:

Working people wouldn't be where they are today if it wasn't for her......:confused:

Don't know your f**king places! (I think it's OK for me to say that as long as I don't call you Plebs)

And another thing..........

:hitler:

Reactions: Lulu

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Yeah yeah.....

All that Poverty and Hunger malarkey is just a rumour put about by poor people with no money or food or jobs.....there's one job for every five unemployed people in this country. Why don't they share it...M.P.'s would......:rolleyes:

Working people wouldn't be where they are today if it wasn't for her......:confused:

Don't know your f**king places! (I think it's OK for me to say that as long as I don't call you Plebs)

And another thing..........

Go on Cabby, finish it...

And another thing.......... I 'ad that Norman Tebbit in my cab once...... ;)

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
I quite liked the following... :)

I am so glad that Lady Thatcher got through her operation OK.

Trying to let off fireworks in this weather would have been an effin'g nightmare!

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Go on Cabby, finish it...

And another thing.......... I 'ad that Norman Tebbit in my cab once...... ;)

Yer.....:rolleyes:

He can get on his bike !!!! :hitler:

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
All of us living up here in the industrial wasteland that she created hope that the op was successful - we don't want her to die yet - at least 10 more good years of dribbling her food and p1ssing herself is needed.

And all us ex shipyard workers pointing at her and laughing. I'm not bitter. May she rot - slowly.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Say what you want about her good or bad, but the one fact that nobody could argue with is the fact that she was the last real leader we ever had, since her all we've had is a bunch of yes men who sucked up to the yanks

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Harold Wilson was the only one who said no to the 'Yanks'.

The Thatcher/Reagan relationship was strongly rumoured to be suspiciously 'Clintonesque' according to a not very well known cynic.......

Reactions: hotbulb and Lulu

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Say what you like but managing to sell to us what we already owned was a master stroke. Not much left now and reaping what was sown.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
There's very few people I wish a long slow lingering death, but she's certainly top of the stack...nasty, evil piece of work...and I can say that as I was one of her 1 in 10

....and I had that evil cnut Tebbitt in our factory once too; I was on the forerunner of the YTS scheme at Westland Helicopters in Weston on the Mud when he was coming to visit. At the time, this scheme was being pushed as the answer to all the unemployed's ills...We spent a week painting floors, polishing machines and generally making the apprentice school look lovely; The evil gobsh1te just breezed through and totally ignored us even when we were introduced as the new YTS heroes....grrrrrrrrr.Trouble is, I think The wicked witch of the west is too far gone to realise she's senile...which is a real shame...

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
It's not often that you come across someone who seems to be pure evil and so selfish that they can dismiss the concept of society in favour of self-interest. So cynical and manipulative. I find it hard to actually wish a painful and lingering death on anyone, but... I dare say she's well looked after with private medical care and top physicians. When you read about Alan Vendy's recent encounters with the NHS and I think about my own experiences over the last year, it's hard not to be bitter. The rot really set in with Thatcher, and Cameron and his boys are accelerating the action. I wasn't a fan of Tony Blair, and he did a lot of really bad things (Iraq, anyone?), and wasted a fantastic opportunity to build on his massive majority. But there was good among the bad (e.g. Sure Start, Every Child Matters?) and there was hope for the future. But now, as Cabby says, 'you're all (plebs) in it together' ... the Thatcher mindset and legacy lives on.

Oh dear, this wasn't how I intended to start Christmas Day :rolleyes: Bah humbug, and all that...

Reactions: hotbulb

·
Registered
348 Posts
Not usually judgemental, BUT! for her I can make an exception. Wasn't it Harold MacMillan who said quote "The woman knows the price of everything and the value of nothing". As the old curse goes " I hope her 4rse turns square and festers on the corners". (And her next sh1te is a hedgehog) There. That's my ha'pworth. Grrr! Off to kick the cat. The old bag still gets me riled! Grrr! Les

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,039 Posts
Let's not forget the important thing she did for me. I got a house at a knock down price under the right to buy scheme. Selling this first house allowed me to move and become the type of neighbour (relatively) I moved to get away from.

She also stopped me having to drink milk that had been ripened in the sun for many hours. Not sure how my school managed to do that in the British climate.

·
Wannabee Adventure Rider
227 Posts
I am shocked at all the anti-Thatcherism on here, she would at least have made sure we had the tube running in London on boxing day. Bob Crow and his mob would be in the caged in the Tower by now.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts