Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last year I watched two rounds of the 2009 Moto GP live from a hospital bed. Prior to my crash I would normally have been out an' about on my bike most Sundays, recording the racing for later.This year looks look I'll have all the time in the world for watching live (silver lining an' all that :rolleyes:).
I know lots of bikers that don't give a monkeys for the racing but me Iv'e always loved it.

The first (10/11th) weekend there are seven hours of BBC coverage, so I'm sorted.

I thought maybe this could be a thread for any chat, comments or other related b*ll*x that those who follow it too may want to post on so, here it is.:thumb:

The 2010 Moto GP thread.:)

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
I love watching the racing having attended various BSB, WSB and motogp races along with world endurance, real irish road racing, the TT, le Touquet and weston beach race.

Motogp is going to be very good this year, with Rossi, stoner and Lorenzo all going to be fighting tooth and nail. I think Hayden will do well. I think Edwards and Spies are going to surprise people this year.

Dark horse this year is going to be Kallio.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I'm into the MotoGP too :thumbright: well all bike racing tbh :D

I watched every bit of the WSB this last weekend and will be watching as much of the MotoGP as poss too.

I used to Hillclimb cars years ago and always watched F1 but the bike racing has always been more exciting, and its series linked on my Sky+ so I can watch it again and again :D

·
Ridden for years
2,805 Posts
I think this will be the first year that Rossi is really tested.
Possibly Lorenzo needs another full year to fully mature, so here's my prediction.

Top three:
First Rossi or Stoner
Second Rossi or Stoner
Third Lorenzo

Fourth.... I've got a funny feeling that Rookie Spies might suprise.

Come on Davizioso, let's see you shine too.

Oooh that makes it mighty hard for Edwards to beat his statutory fifth position.

Must sign off in case my wife sees... She LLLLLLLLllllooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeessssssss Rossi:D:D:D

Never miss a race.

My wife screams at the screen, same with rugby

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Small world :D I drove from 88 -94 strted in a Caterham then a Pilbeam MP43 sports libre car loved it :D

I still know a few who are still driving whsts your dads name and what car is that ??? Jedi / OMS type a pal of mineDave Kimberley had a Force with a Busa engine in it.

Prescott if I'm not mistaken :D

Still do Frad,can't keep my old man off the track :D !

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
first race is 11th april in Qatar, is it going to be at night again? i missed it last year....

just been looking at the official website calendar, why is the silverstone event called "THE AIRASIA BRITISH GRAND PRIX" is that taking the pee?

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Back on topic :rolleyes: I think things are so close this year that it'll be more about consistency this season. As there are a good half dozen potential race winners this season.We may see so many prangs in the fight for a first that a regular 3rd placer could take the title ?......Still? ........Rossi is still my boy :thumbright: :D:D:D

L

·
0 Posts
Sorry but my favourite motor racing starts at Thruxton this weekend and that's the BTCC ;)

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
In this house it's Rossi, Caparossi, Lorenzo - the girls scream out at them and spend more time behind the cushions than they do when Dr Who is on :D

I felt last season we saw Rossi pushed to the edgee of all he had got.

I hope he finds something extra this season or Stoner and Lorenzo will 'av 'im :shock:

Ohhh, we cant wait for it all to kick off here.

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
I love watching MotoGP and WSBK, just watched Australia in WSBK and it reminded me Spies has gone to MotoGP so that will be very interesting. I think Lorenzo does need more time but Stoners gonna be right up there, even after his `sabatical` last year he was still up there so if he doesnt miss any races he'll most likely be on top. Rossis is ofcourse his main contender but he's not looked as invincible these last couple of years that he used to.

If spies can bring his WSBK form into MotoGP then it's gonna be very interesting.

Prediction... hmmm... top 5, I think:

1)Stoner
2)Rossi
3)Lorenzo
4)Hayden
5) Edwards

Speis possibly 6th...

Nick, if you missed last years races i have them all on hard drive, all of MotoGP and WSBK and even the TT highlights from ITV, let me know if you need em and i'll burn em to a disc (to watch on your pc) and post them to you.

Craig.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Stoner for me, and hoping the Hayden can master the red beast as well...

I would like to see Ben do well just to prove that WSB riders can make the change.

·
Registered
395 Posts
i have to watch it with the sound turned off because i cannot stand the commentators drooling over Rossi all the time.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear "i'd have Rossi's babies, would you?", "oh yes me too, he's lush" from the tators sometimes.

They always seem down on Stoner too, but as he is the only one able to ride the ducati for the last few years i would say that shows as much talent as Rossi.
After all, Lorenzo on the same bike as Rossi pushed him hard all season, even Colin Edwards on the Yam managed a regular 5-6th, the no2 on the duke came nowhere most times.
It was a shock to see Hayden in the top ten most times (he just seems to have the worst luck, scuttled out of the race by pedrosa the year before springs to mind)

I would like Stoner to win this year, lets hope he stays fit all year

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Amazing ! This time a year ago I'd have been out'n'about on the bike or away on a trip.Today I had a total couch potato experience. :rolleyes:

8.00am -World Superbikes :thumbup:, followed by Malayan GP , followed by Thruxton BTCC on ITV4 :thumbup: , followed by WRC on Dave. :thumbup: I had a late night last night too, but luckily the Malayan managed to put me back to sleep for a little while.:)

I've done FA today except eat and watch motor sport.:rolleyes:

I won't be such a lazy arze for a whole day again, any time soon I hope, but it's easy to see how the human sloth developed.

Oh well only another week to go for the real deal.........Except for the Moto GP, I think I'll go back to recording all my motor sport on my Mac. I like my fresh air too much. ;):D

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
My youngest son and I are off to Oulton Park in the morning F3 and GTs :thumbright: we have spent the last 2 days getting over Friday night a full night on the town as eldest is off on a 7 month tour on board HMS Portland :(

·
Shorter member :-)
1,944 Posts
How about an XRV outing to either one of the BSB rounds or Motor GP? :confused:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
been to 6 or 7? GP's @ Mugello in Italy when living there, apart from the race the whole w/end is something to behold.. you'd never get away with it in the UK, none of my British biker friends could believe their eyes! and returned every year after, If you get the chance GO!!!! RYANAIR to Pisa, train to Florence then a bus to Scarperia. hopefully going on the @ this year, but going ryanair gives me £300 extra spending money.... decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Rossi fan but a Ducati man at heart. Always a struggle. Stoner going to cream it this year...unless?? Spies could shock big time. As said before, Mugello is the place to visit if you want a special weekend away.

·
I will wash it I promise!
2,022 Posts
have to say i agree with the stoner bit - he is awesome on that thing and apparently it's even faster this year!!!!!!

the quack is gonna have to pull some really cool last corner moves to keep his crown!

is it only me that wants to see Rossi on a Ducati??

Z:cool:

p.s. racefans - check out the fantasy road race league!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts