Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 520 Posts

·
Hill Rider
3,088 Posts
Off to look at a '98 600 Alp with only 10k miles on it tomorrow not too far from me . . . . . . for a change :thumbup:

No centre stand, but it does have a top box :rolleyes:

Already sorted the list of things to check based on my previous Alp ownership :D

I'll let you know how i get on and I might even take some piccies if I strike it lucky :grin:

Steve T

:cool:

·
Registered
28 Posts
its back again!

"police seizure"

i find it hard to believe that a transalp sidecar outfit was involved in some sort of crime caper, but you never know i guess

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-XL600V-TRANSALP-WITH-SQUIRE-SIDE-CAR-1996-P/173608894031

£3,500

waaaay overpriced

View attachment 135837
You're right about that!
But the prices are creeping up gently for a good one, don't you think?
They aren't often asking less than £1200 for a nice late model one with 50k or less

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
That sidecar bike has has 63,000 miles

And it's been for sale three times in the last year

The bike on it's own is worth about £1,100 max

So I think about £2,500 max for the whole thing?

Then again sidecars are a bit trendy these days

·
Registered
28 Posts
That sidecar has bike has 63,000 miles

And it's been for sale three times in the last year

The bike on it's own is worth about £1,100 max

So I think about £2,500 max for the whole thing?

Then again sidecars are a bit trendy these days
Are they? I've never seen the draw meself!
I think he'd be lucky to get fifteen hundred for it, as far as I can see the sidecar detracts from the bike, and even if you unbolted it you'd have to put a set of forks on - no, from my perspective it's a transalp ruined.

·
Hill Rider
3,088 Posts
)Well, I did it - I went and bought me another 600 Alp :D :thumbup: :grin:

When I get the usb connections sorted on my computer (they were "fixed" by my computer guru youngest son recently - - NOT:rolleyes:) I will post up some piccies.

Let the fettling commence :D

Steve T

:cool:

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Excellent. I probably see one other Transalp 600 every year, here in the UK. i see a few in france and spain - but there must be just a few hundred left in the UK, and not many 'unmolested' examples

honda really do need to re-design and re-release it

or maybe that's just me

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well done, thats a good buy.
I still use mine regularly, although I might put it away for a few months now. I'm building a second "naked" one out of a basket case, with some 650 wheels to replace the rotten ones that were on it, a round headlight mounted on the forks, and a minimalist single seat, tubular steel rack, arrangement at the back. The other one is way too handy in its original form, and complete, to chop around.

·
Registered
136 Posts
its back again!

"police seizure"

i find it hard to believe that a transalp sidecar outfit was involved in some sort of crime caper, but you never know i guess
Surely bolting a sidecar that was clearly designed for a Vespa onto a Transalp IS a crime,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,?

21 - 40 of 520 Posts