Honda XRV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 479 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm always amazed at the price disparity between the transalp and the Africa twin. Imagine the bidding that would be going on for a low mileage late nineties AT now, and this guy here is dropping his price to achieve a sale !

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
I know. I am even tempted to buy it for myself as it's even lower miles than mine, but mine is a gold wheel model.... and in April 600 Transalps will be useless in London anyway.

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
Re: The 600 Transalp Ebay/Gumtree thread...

Isn't it odd how some of the later 650s are ulez compliant despite being the same as earlier ones.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)

I can only assume Honda only got around to getting the Transalp 650 Euro3 compliant around April 2007.

Unless they made a 'tweak' in the 650's emissions around that time to get the 650 engine up Euro3 standard.

·
Registered
7,674 Posts

I can only assume Honda only got around to getting the Transalp 650 Euro3 compliant around April 2007.

Unless they made a 'tweak' in the 650's emissions around that time to get the 650 engine up Euro3 standard.
I can't see a manufacturer making an outgoing model euro compliant, it must cost a fortune for testing and certification, more likely an oversight on tfl (or whoever) part

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,286 Posts

I had a diesel car (Ford CMax pre shape change)that was Euro 5 compliant as it was first reg in Jan 2011 so treated as a 2011 model even though it was built in mid 2010 and probably Euro 4 although the build statement said Euro4/5 so may be the electronics were modded?
May be the system decided this bike is a 700 as it is 57 reg without checking the actual VIN. The TA could probably not be bodged like the car with electronic changes as TA650 is carbs and the TA700 is FI.

If someone changes the engine on a bike say from a compliant 700 to a non compliant 650 is it still compliant because the chassis (&registration) is compliant?

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)

After putting many 650 Alp registrations into the ULEZ site it would appear they have kiboshed anything registered before 1st July 2007

All 650s registered on/after July 2007 seem to pass the ULEZ test

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

oh blimey, who knows....

If someone changes the engine on a bike say from a compliant 700 to a non compliant 650 is it still compliant because the chassis (&registration) is compliant?

·
Registered
696 Posts

The 700 Transalp is Euro 3 compliant and came out in 2008 so possibly tail end 650 TA's from just prior to 08 got accidentally included - so as per ds99's research seem to show, 650s later registered after July 07 as that is when it was assumed(?) all newly registered bikes were Euro 3 compliant. More cock up than conspiracy...

2004 and later 650 transalps were Euro 2 compliant

Minimum emission standards

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/motorcycles-mopeds-and-more

All vehicles will need to meet Euro 3 emissions standards.
The ULEZ will be enforced based on the declared emissions of the vehicle rather than the age - but generally speaking Euro 3 engines as those registered with the DVLA after July 2007.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)

yes, it would appear it is an oversight by TFL?

maybe i should not rush out and buy a late 2007 650 in case they figure it out!

anyway...

Spain, 1988, 13,000 miles!

(the lowest miles early one I have seen in a while)

just £1,650 ono!

https://www.ebay.es/itm/Honda-Transalp-600V-ano-1988/153257442000

near Barcelona

looks good condition.

fly there, ride it back...

1.jpg

41 - 60 of 479 Posts