Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1315 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Closed ....The 600 Transalp Ebay/Gumtree thread...

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD.

POST ON THIS ONE INSTEAD:

https://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/transalp/166843-600-transalp-ebay-gumtree-thread-part-two.html

This is the first post in a new thread of any 600s I spot on ebay and gumtree (everyone needs a hobby)

http://www.gumtree.com/p/honda-motorbikes/1990-honda-transalp-600/1119152466

1990 model. 90,000 miles. tappets maybe need doing and has had a rear disc brake added, and what looks like a 650 TA exhaust?

$_86.JPG

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
re: Closed ....The 600 Transalp Ebay/Gumtree thread...

its handy to keep them together to save searching back trough the treads . as much as I love the 600's the 650's are coming down in price and I seen 3 put up for sale hear over the weekend at various prices and recorded mileage and I be thinking I might buy a 650 in the after life . my ould 600 is purring like a kitten and will probably see me out . maybe you could link the 650 for sale in hear too :thumb::thumbright: im sure the seller would be delighted with the bump.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts

This is the first post in a new thread of any 600s I spot on ebay and gumtree (everyone needs a hobby)

1990 Honda transalp 600 | United Kingdom | Gumtree

1990 model. 90,000 miles. tappets maybe need doing and has had a rear disc brake added, and what looks like a 650 TA exhaust?

View attachment 73969

its an old shitter . good to see they stay together for that kind of mileage but with the black 650 advertised on hear with similar mileage for £1250 in great order apart from a crack on the fareing side that could get I shot of fiber glass slapped on the back to sort it out .E's aving a ****ing lauff mate at £900 :toothy9:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts

2,800 miles!

£3,500!

!!

let me think about it for a second would I prefer the new Africa twin or that 600 and the 8 or 9 k in change ?

ok I taught about it the 600 and the change thanks very much . no I changed my mind again I would have the red 650 for sale on hear with 22000 miles and have another 2100 euro in my pocket :thumbleft:

·
Registered
7,628 Posts

I wish I could walk into the shed & find an old Transalp that had been forgotten about!
Funnily enough I had one that colour many many moons ago.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

HONDA TRANSALP 600V 1989 ONLY 25K MILES LOADS SPENT RUNS GREAT NEEDS TLC | United Kingdom | Gumtree

This has just appeared on gumtree, in Wales

1989 model , 25,000 miles. Not the original engine/fairing/brakes. £1,500

This was previously for sale in Surrey - here:

HONDA TRANSALP XL600V | eBay

Is something fishy going on here? Why would someone buy a bike in Surrey, then sell it in Wales saying "HERE TO SELL AS NO USE TO ME AS WE ARE MOVING TO SPAIN"

????
$_57-1.jpg

·
Registered
2,539 Posts

you should have went to spec savers . he said previous owner spend loads on it . its a nice looking bike but it remains to be seen when you get there ?

hear is the bike I would buy if I had a few ould pound Honda Transalp XL650V | eBay

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,539 Posts

its the filler end of a scottoiler if you look in behind the fareing you will see the scottoiler :thumbup: I don't know how they work though . I cut mine off to get the filler in to the filler pipe I have to un tape it and tape it back up with electrical tape each time I don't mind I have a nice wet chain all the time and I only have to do it every 500 miles or so . I have run out of scott oiler oil and now use 10 w 40 mineral motorcycle oil I had left over from a bike I sold a few year back I probably have enough left to do a year or 2 . the chain looks happy enough .

·
Registered
897 Posts

PS - does anyone know what this white pipe is?

Its the breather assembly lets the scottoiler res. breathe as it uses oil ( stop taping it up alias
:D

·
Registered
2,539 Posts

PS - does anyone know what this white pipeis?

Its the breather assembly lets the scottoiler res. breathe as it uses oil ( stop taping it up alias
:D

I have to remove it as I cant see any other way to fill the reservoir then I stick in the filler pipe and tape it back on when im done it works great . im prolly doing it arseways but I get there in the end . :D

1 - 20 of 1315 Posts