Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1316 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
re: Closed ....The 600 Transalp Ebay/Gumtree thread...

I have to remove it as I cant see any other way to fill the reservoir then I stick in the filler pipe and tape it back on when im done it works great . im prolly doing it arseways but I get there in the end . :D
alias if its the standard res. like mine (Iv'e never seen the touring bigger res.thing) just pull the rubber bung off the top of the res. and put the filler bottle to it there. (maybe you carn't get to it /see it?)

The white tube on the end of the breather is connected to the short plastic pipe with a rubber reducer/connecter made so you can remove the white tube and connect the filler bottle in upright position, squeeze it and pressurize the res. with air when the feeder tube to chain needs priming.

And having said all that my chain is well lubed ---- so is the back end o the bike ----- so is the floor --- shit man its everywhere never knew so little oil could go so far :lol::lol:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts

alias if its the standard res. like mine (Iv'e never seen the touring bigger res.thing) just pull the rubber bung off the top of the res. and put the filler bottle to it there. (maybe you carn't get to it /see it?)

The white tube on the end of the breather is connected to the short plastic pipe with a rubber reducer/connecter made so you can remove the white tube and connect the filler bottle in upright position, squeeze it and pressurize the res. with air when the feeder tube to chain needs priming.

And having said all that my chain is well lubed ---- so is the back end o the bike ----- so is the floor --- shit man its everywhere never knew so little oil could go so far :lol::lol:

my one is as old as **** it was probably fitted to Moses's Triumph . you the bike " Moses came down from the mountin on his Triumph " or "The roar of moses's Triumph could be heard all over the valley " anyway I don't got one of them things you speak of I seen them on videos but mine is at least 11 years old I found it under seat of a 93 fireblade I bough back then and only got round to putting it on a bike a few months ago . and yes my bike is covered in oil and I managed to cover me and everywhere else in oil when the hose came out one day :D

·
Registered
897 Posts

Now you've gone an done it mentioning TRIUMPHS, bet chain oilers have been around forever but you just brought back to mind for me the best oiler I ever had and that was on my 1970 triumph bonne. it had a feed from the return side of the oil pump which fed from just inside the top of the oil tank and regulated with a valve.

You could always tell if it was turned up a bit high by the way the bike started to slide on left handers :) and the amount of oil on the tyre wall starting to creep onto the tread :D

Talk about hyjacking a thread! --- I will get mi coat :lol:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts

Now you've gone an done it mentioning TRIUMPHS, bet chain oilers have been around forever but you just brought back to mind for me the best oiler I ever had and that was on my 1970 triumph bonne. it had a feed from the return side of the oil pump which fed from just inside the top of the oil tank and regulated with a valve.

You could always tell if it was turned up a bit high by the way the bike started to slide on left handers :) and the amount of oil on the tyre wall starting to creep onto the tread :D

Talk about hyjacking a thread! --- I will get mi coat :lol:

get your waxed cotton belstaff or lewis leather jacket . its all good its bikes I don't think anyone will mind at all . a 1970 bonnie cool . I rode an oil in frame with a 69 650 engine with a single carb trophy head on it a bit years ago . I loved the handling and it was a beauty to ride handy the vibration when pushing it on was a white knuckle ride no doubt about it . I met a crazy American called Carey years ago he lived on a bike in the Arizona desert for 7 years he was on a gsx 400 twin . he wasn't impressed with how dry my drive chain was it kinda shamed me into keeping my chains lubed right ever since just in case I bump into him again I dare not have a dry chain :lol: he wasn't too impressed with my piss pot lid either he wanted to know " how come you still wear a jet helmet ?" he had a point jet helmets kinda suck you get your eyes blown out of their sockets even with glasses you get wet cold and midges up your nose and wasps and bumble bees hurt at speed . he was a cool old cat wore a bell full face over a leather pilots cap he was a kinda roadside prophet very interesting bloke to talk to used to have a Harley in the 70's and put an su carb on it . he didn't rate Harleys but said he would love another old triumph .

·
Registered
2,539 Posts

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

HONDA 600 TRANSALP | eBay

1989-1991 model? Needs TLC, 41,000 miles, up for £850

Front brake caliper missing? Exhaust shields missing, rear chrome exhaust bits missing

might be worth a punt for £500 if it runs ok?

$_57.jpg

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,539 Posts

Err... I'm not sure how to describe this!

2001 model, unknown miles, has scottoiler, engine bars, wacky exhaust, non standard headlight

Engine looks clean though!

Just needs a new seat, a rear carrier, some front indicators, some mirrors, for that err, summer touring trip?!

mad max madmax ratbike rat offroad greenlane transalp survival bike vtwin cool | eBay

View attachment 76521
the current owner is a bloke called max he is an out patient on very strong medication so strong in fact that he finds it hard to keep his bike up right hence all the missing panels . he like's to go catching rat's at the weekend so he fitted a ferret box behind the seat . I hope the out patients stick with the dominators and don't start buying up Transalp's and turn them into hunting vehicles . I can see poor old max coming home from a days hunting with around 20 rats hanging off the engine bars by their tails then off home and giving the evening listing to Gloria Gaynor and smoking strong weed and drinking Tenant's super lager and barbecuing rats for him and his dreadlocked out patient girlfriend :toothy9: but I might be wrong .

21 - 40 of 1316 Posts