Honda XRV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1316 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
re: Closed ....The 600 Transalp Ebay/Gumtree thread...

Dakar honda transalp xlr600 | United Kingdom | Gumtree

Heavily modified 1989 model, 48,000 miles. hard luggage, engine bars, £2,100

Might be a nice bike for an overland/onroad/offroad trip? (although not with the original plastic belly pan?!)

Text from advert:

"This honda transalp xlr600v Dakar has been fully restored from the ground up refurbed engine new rings and clutch ect hand made dakar fairing and ktm head light hand made pannier racks mt21 perreli tyres smoked indorcators it has xrv750 swing arm and shock. Xr650 forks. dominator fork gaurds. Just been resprayed red. this bike has been hand built by myself purely for the purpose of trail riding it is as close to a dakar bike you findwithout the price tag. It has the usual honda reliability has never let me down iv spent thousands building this bike to this spec. it handles amazing on the road and off road just returned from a trail trip and again it performed outstanding im a professional machanic and build bikes for a living so its not a bodge job"

$_86-2.JPG

$_86-4.JPG
$_86-3.JPG

·
Registered
2,539 Posts

keep them coming :thumbup: as for the one that needs a rub of sand paper haven't you heard rust is the new chrome hipsters are going gaga for it . shaving and sanding are not really in vogue at the minute :lol:

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)

Honda xl600v Transalpine | United Kingdom | Gumtree

1996 model, 20,000 miles, top box, metal belly pan, engine bars, tank skin, new chain, has been rebuilt, on a Q-plate £1,000

Non-standard all white paint job? If you look closely you can see red paint underneath the white.

I'm not sure it's really a 1996 model as it has a black engine, single front disc, rear drum brake and an "old style" (pre-1994) front cowling? So my guess is it was made around 1990/1991 (hence 20,000 miles seems extremely low for that year).

(DVLA website says this vehicle was first registered/imported in 1998 )

$_86.JPG

·
Hill Rider
3,084 Posts

Honda xl600v Transalpine | United Kingdom | Gumtree

1996 model, 20,000 miles, top box, metal belly pan, engine bars, tank skin, new chain, has been rebuilt, on a Q-plate £1,000

I'm not sure it's really a 1996 model as it has a black engine, single front disc, rear drum brake and an "old style" (pre-1994) front cowling? So my guess is it was made around 1990/1991.

View attachment 78025
The black engine with the chrome oil feed pipe gives it away as a pre-update model, so 1988/9 model. Too much wrong with that machine to get me to want to go anywhere near it:(

Steve T

:cool:

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)

1991 Honda Transalp | eBay

1991 model, 54,000 miles, homemade hard luggage, tall screen, engine bars, heated grips. Non standard all-black paint job, hard to tell condition as pics aren't great.

I seem to remember this was on ebay before, but can't find the link. My estimate is it's worth about £900

$_57.jpg

·
Registered
2,539 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts

Sold my baby dero today so im now officially on the lookout for my Transalp.
Love this thread, cant wait to get mine now.

41 - 60 of 1316 Posts