Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a regular lurker and a very very occasional contributor i am leaving the fold, the ALP as gone!
I owned her for 25 months and done 11,700 miles (total 15,400).She as never let me down (punctures excluded).
The ALP was 1year old with 3,700 miles when i bought from Thunder Road Bridgend in 2006.
After the first puncture i fitted a centre stand (which i removed and now selling) a vital addition in my opinion.
.I fitted new handguards (from a 650 VStrom) the originals were scraped and split,with me trying to move off with the disc lock fitted duh.
I replaced two rear tyres and one front, i trashed one rear because of a puncture.
I changed the oil every 4000 miles used Halfords semi,and the oil filter every 8000 miles,replaced two sets of rear pads.
And thats it, any downsides well i found it a bit to heavy,also 50 mpg is not good enough, my mates VStrom 650 does 65+mpg!
Also the servicing is a bit of a chore. SO what did i replace it with? a Yamaha XT660R why? Because it was a deal i couldn't refuse.
I've had the XT a few days now, done a few runs one was over 200miles it has
returned over 65 mpg!

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Naw mate - this is Hotel California - you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave :D

Good to hear the report on the Alp - just transfer yourself over to the Other Bikes forum where you'll find a tidy little Yamaha section :thumbright:

65MHG :shock:

That is my one biggest bugbear ofthe Alp - it is not an economical bike for what it is .... and with todays prices of fuel, that is becomming more and more of an issue.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I noticed you have a BLACK ALP and a TTR.
That is eerie my now gone ALP was black and i also have a TTR.
Does this mean you will get a XT?

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
I noticed you have a BLACK ALP and a TTR.
That is eerie my now gone ALP was black and i also have a TTR.
Does this mean you will get a XT?
Even if I was, I cant now can I - everyone will say I just copied you :D

Theyre a lovely bike, but despite the poor fuel returns, the Alps a keeper for now .... I think .... :D:D:D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea i call into Thunderroad about once a month, and the food there is very good.
I bought the XT from JT's Swansea have had a few bikes from them always found them fair.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Well glad you enjoyed the Alp, hope the XT suits your needs equally, does the TTR get a regular green lene expedition:)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well glad you enjoyed the Alp, hope the XT suits your needs equally, does the TTR get a regular green lene expedition:)
Haven't been out for 7 weeks but before that i was out every Sunday, also been trail riding in Spain.After i stop playing with the 660 i will have to prepare the TTR for its MOT.I just sold a KTM400 i am going back to a more relaxed type of trail riding.Do you trail ride? If so what bike?

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Haven't been out for 7 weeks but before that i was out every Sunday, also been trail riding in Spain.After i stop playing with the 660 i will have to prepare the TTR for its MOT.I just sold a KTM400 i am going back to a more relaxed type of trail riding.Do you trail ride? If so what bike?
Looking into possibly getting XR400, maybe 250, or TTR 250, will need some help and advice local for doing some off road riding;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Had the xr400 and the XR250 i had the 250 for about 7years both good bikes,the XR400 is a much better bike also seemed to cost less to run. BUT they both need electric starts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts