Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work in Westminster in an area where there are loads of government offices and political party headquarters, so the place is absolutely infested with CCTV cameras. There are also quite a lot of pedestrians all day long and still they have the nerve to try and steal the bike in broad daylight. Fortunately the alarm stopped them - 2nd bike I had which was saved by the alarm. Now I'll have to replace the ignition and I hear it's pretty expensive. [email protected]!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Just can't believe that sh*t. Sorry it happened, mate. :cry: Just waiting for it to be my turn. Some low-life scum set fire to my mate's bike in Clapham last year right outside his house!

There's definitely a need for a new type of anti-theft device that squirts acid, flames or something out the ignition socket.

Time to invest in something like this?
http://www.cycletrak.com/

Or the European version of this:
http://gps-applications.com/Rover RT-1500_ Real-Time_gps_tracking.htm

I used to track animals with a very similar GPS kit(I've had a strange career) and it's pretty good.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now I'd prefer the acid spewing, flame throwing option. :twisted:

·
Registered
900 Posts
With GPS tracking, you'd have time to stop off home and grab your favourite baseball bat before chasing them down. Ring your friends!! :twisted: :twisted:

Mexican friend tells me they have flamethrowing anti-theft/anti-car jacking devices for expensive cars in Mexico City. Nozzles are positioned under each door and spit fire at the touch of a button or unauthorised entry. Cooooool.

So, I have to ask, after you fix your ignition, are you going to keep your bike at the same spot from now on?

·
I will wash it I promise!
2,022 Posts
the first of the two links that were posted say that the gps unit can be kept under the saddle or in a coat pocket??????

which is cool - i will never lose my jacket ever again!!!

as far as i'm concerned thieving scumbags who get caught deserve a kicking!
(and in my experience those who are career thieves expect one when they are rumbled - especially when rumbled by a biker of the size of yer average At rider!)

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GeoBloke said:
So, I have to ask, after you fix your ignition, are you going to keep your bike at the same spot from now on?
I don't have a choice really. There are a couple of other parking bays in the area but they're in quiet back streets, so all in all this is still (probably) the safest option. Should probably use the disc lock even if it's just a visual deterrent.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Z-weiser said:
the first of the two links that were posted say that the gps unit can be kept under the saddle or in a coat pocket??????
quote]

I think that's mentioned for easy storage or if you want yourself/loved one tracked. The latest GPS chipsets are so small now that you could place one almost anywhere on the bike.

·
Registered
900 Posts
lootch67 said:
I don't have a choice really. There are a couple of other parking bays in the area but they're in quiet back streets, so all in all this is still (probably) the safest option. Should probably use the disc lock even if it's just a visual deterrent.
At least they'll have to bring some tools to cut it off. Anything to attract attention. I use a dics lock at home but bring a huge F-off chain when I'm in town.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Superbike suggest buying a cheap pay as you go mobile phone, and registering it with someone like www.192.co.uk on their locate service. Store on the bike and remember to keep charged & switched on (bubble wrap may help.)
Should cost about £5 a month, and a crappy phone is dirt cheap.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Bastards! At least they didn't get away with it. Nice areas doesn't really mean much. Mine was in posh Bayswater when the little scrotes tried to nick it.

I left mine outside FLH overnight and it was still there this morning. Being right next to New Scotland Yard may help though.

:)

·
Registered
542 Posts
I wouldn't bet on the safetly of being opposite or outside of a police station, someone I was at school with had their house burgled 3 times in a year and they lived opposite the local police station.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The street in Windhoek (Capital of Namibia where I'm from) with the biggest number of car thefts and breakins, is the one opposite the police station and high court. Not sure if "ironic" is the right word especially since the person who used to steel the most cattle from our farm was the local head of police. Go figure.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just got a quote for a Honda ignition - £123!!! Pattern one is £35. Guess I'll have to live with the fact that I'll be walking around with 2 keys. [email protected]!!!

M

·
0 Posts
Look on the bright side mate, it's better than walking around with one key and no bike.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

glad they didnt get it :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts