Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone plz help, I cannot decide on the best soft panniers to fit my AT 97' I plan to tour/camp for 8/10 days soon and will need to carry the usual odds and ends. I do have a topbox fitted and also plan to use my tankbag. There are so many to choose from and I would like a set that will keep some kind of shape with top opening flap. Most of them appear to look like laptop bags to me, any ideas, personal experiences? sorry if its a naff question but Im getting better :) Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info LWR, went to site and these both size and look good, nice pics too.. I want to see that road before me :) I guess its in Scotland somewhere?

·
Bling Tastic Transalp
1,362 Posts
Thanks for the info LWR, went to site and these both size and look good, nice pics too.. I want to see that road before me :) I guess its in Scotland somewhere?
Yeah . I wanted these panniers when I saw them , and was lucky to find them on ebay the very next day (only 1 trip use) ..

But I would buy them new if I hadn't seen them on ebay ..

Keep us posted , if you buy some..

That road is awesome, that picture is from last week.. B976 north of Balmoral (road to the Lecht /Tomintool).. report here .. http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/ride-reports-pictures/46639-head-hills.html

cheers :thumbright::thumbright:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn, had a reply all typed up and finished and my internet ran out of fuel :-( Again...
Thanks again LWR, I will try to source these bags best I can. Thanks guys for all the links, very useful but the best by far was the link to the big guy smiling..how the hell did he get in there LWR?? :) :) the pics of your trip are great and that road is a must see and do. I traveled to Scotland many years back (Goldwing Club) but it was a bit of a follow the leader and I got to see very little and strangly enough it was raining.. a rare phenomenon (damn I feel tired after spelling that word) by all accounts in your neck of the woods. Anyway, your B road is marked on my map (Large scale map of Britian 2010) Its PHUCIN HUGE !!!!! I never have to bring my tent with me now..just use the map book.

·
Bling Tastic Transalp
1,362 Posts
:thumbright::thumbright::thumbright:

Its good to bimble along finding great places and stopping off for pictures etc .

Cracking roads all over the highlands..

I am very lucky to live in this area..

This is another road for your map .. Braemar - Glencoe A93

Give us shout if you come to visit .. there plenty Members up this way that will meet for a ride out..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yet again LWR Thank you, I have roads marked and referenced for eventual visit and it would be great to meet and say thanks personally.I hope to get there before summers end.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
I got myself a second hand pair of ortlieb soft panniers, they are totally waterproof .. and hold there shape somewhat when using ..

Had to fit Givi soft frame rails to keep them secured away from the TA exhaust , but there site says no rails needed.. ?

Ortlieb : Motorbike Panniers [OM22] - £141.50

I highly rate these bags , quality piece of kit ...
I had these expandable oxford soft luggage on the Vardero for a while, sold them on this forum i think. They worked well stayed in place didn't feel effected by wind at speed but i did find the straps a little bit short to cover the wide seat on Varadero but other than that no problems... they weren't stated as waterproof but did come with storm covers..

Good value for money can't remember the exact amount but it was around £60-70

1 - 9 of 9 Posts