Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as most of the local riders are down at the BMF rally @ Kelso, and the local XRVer’s are otherwise engaged, I thought I’d take a little ride out into the hills just south of home.
Up over the Lecht and spotted a track leading to a phone mast – always good for a laugh . .

Good views from up here

The look on the faces of a passing group of fellow riders as I rolled off of the track back onto the road was priceless :thumbup:

Onto the Linn of Dee for a breather and a glug of water. Rained a bit up here last night, so the river is up a bit from normal levels . . . . .

Took a path that leads up into the Cairngorms, towards the Laigru pass . . .
This is the view from White Bridge back towards Linn of Dee . . .

This is the track that takes you towards the pass. Gets a little tricky from here on in, but still passable on two wheels for a good distance

Nice to get out and enjoy the solitude of the roads and hills. Sat for a good while just listning to the water and the wind (natures, not mine ) and everything just felt good.

Isn’t riding such good fun and therapy at the same time!

Happy riding folks,

Steve T

:cool:

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Nice one.

Im up in Scotland next week, set off Saturday and aiming to get to the Outer Hebrides via the West coast as Ive never been there. Then, depending on my mood I either tour back down the West Coast or drop down the East hitting the Cairngorms as I go. Cant wait.

·
Bling Tastic Transalp
1,362 Posts
Nice one steve ..

I must say your adventurous , popping up tracks etc ..

But great minds think alike ... As I was Up the Lynn of Dee today as well ..
and Glen Muick..

I was going to phone you this morning but I lost my phone , then found it (Dead Battery) .. charging on the bike , and totally forgot to call you ..

Anyways, nice pictures ..

I am just in the house , trying to heat up as It was quite cold and windy today , will post a report http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/ride-reports-pictures/48191-rivers-mountains-deeside.html

Cheers Bud

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Nice foties Steve, makes me jealous. I was in the Peak District with a mob of other Tigers this weekend, some great wee roads, some even with grass in the middle. :rolleyes: It is a nice area down there, but let's be honest..........they are not real hills when compared to ours! :D:D

Andy.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Nice one Steve ........as i,ve just said to LWR i,m going to have to come and have a look for myself one of these days:thumbright:
Phil

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
nice one Steve.. Xlv in for an MOT not back yet, went up that track last year I think.. crackin views :thumbup:

some wicked downpours while I was being a domestic god. hope you were not caught in any.. one minute brilliant sunshine, next black as, and humped it down ...

FT sorted ( oem front sprocket and new tab & bolts ).. have finished with your chain riviter..

mmm could be another late eveing meet to return it :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts